Man Threatens to Blow Himself Up at Thessaloniki's White Tower
A young man has threatened to detonate a hand grenade he was holding at the entrance of the White Tower, Thessaloniki's central landmark.
Police negotiators were dispatched on Friday to the monument.
Employees and visitors were evacuated from the tower, which is a popular tourist attraction, as negotiators sought to talk him into handing over the grenade.
Local media cited sources as saying the man told police he had personal problems.
- » Hungary Mulls Unprecedented Internet Tax
- » European Union to Boost Ebola Research with EUR 24.4M
- » Sweden Ends Search for Suspected Submarine
- » Doctor Back from Africa Tests Positive for Ebola at New York Hospital
- » Ottawa Shooting Suspect Identified as Canadian Islamic Convert Michael Zehaf-Bibeau
- » US Air Strikes Help Iraq Repel IS Offensive on Mosul Dam