EBRD to Help Bulgaria Launch Electronic Public Procurement
Bulgarian MPs ratified Friday a contract for assistance by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) for the launch of an electronic public procurement system.
The EBRD is to provide consultancy services to the Bulgarian government on the development and introduction of an e-procurement system.
Bulgaria's government endorsed the contract in end-2013, according to reports of investor.bg.
The EBRD will provide consultancy services to the Economy Ministry; it will examine and analyze good practices in the sphere of launching e-public procurement in EU Member States, and draft several versions of a concept paper on introducing the electronic procurement system in Bulgaria.
The EBRD is to also provide technical assistance in the implementation of the system.
The electronic public procurement system is to save time and resources for organizing and conducting public sector tenders, decrease the role of subjective factors, reduce the risk of error and corruption, and cut red tape.
- » Bulgaria’s Bank of the Year Association Organizes Conference on Banking Stability
- » Bansko Declared Bulgaria’s Best Winter Resort in 2014 World Ski Awards
- » Lot 2 of Bulgaria’s Struma Motorway to Be Ready by end-October 2015
- » 57% of Bulgarian Companies to Pay Christmas Bonuses
- » Bulgaria Should Be Year-Round Tourist Destination – Minister
- » Foreign Ministers of Serbia, Hungary Cite South Stream as Project of Mutual Interest