Bulgaria's Sofia Appoints New Deputy Mayor
Major General Professor Stoyan Tonev has been appointed as deputy mayor of Bulgaria’s capital Sofia.
Tonev, who headed the city’s Military Medical Academy for a period of 12 years, will be in charge of municipal healthcare and social services.
The Bulgarian capital plans to allocate a total of BGN 35 M for healthcare and BGN 31 M for social services in 2014.
The draft budget is to be voted by Sofia’s municipal council on February 6.
- » Bulgaria Ranks among Europe's Worst Healthcare Spenders
- » Bulgaria FinMin Downplays Fiscal Benefit of 'Junk Food' Tax Bill
- » 'Junk Food' Tax in Bulgaria Might Range from 3 to 78% - Health Min
- » Salaries in Bulgaria’s Emergency Care Sector to Go Up by 20% as of Jan 2015
- » 3% of Bulgaria’s Population Have No Access to Emergency Medial Service
- » Bulgaria’s Health Minister Proposes to Introduce 'Junk Food' Tax