Bulgaria's Sofia Appoints New Deputy Mayor
Major General Professor Stoyan Tonev has been appointed as deputy mayor of Bulgaria’s capital Sofia.
Tonev, who headed the city’s Military Medical Academy for a period of 12 years, will be in charge of municipal healthcare and social services.
The Bulgarian capital plans to allocate a total of BGN 35 M for healthcare and BGN 31 M for social services in 2014.
The draft budget is to be voted by Sofia’s municipal council on February 6.
- » Young Bulgarian Doctors Stage Symbolic Protest Carrying Suitcases
- » Childhood Obesity in Bulgaria Growing at Alarming Rate
- » New Medical Standards To Be Introduced for Bulgaria's GPs
- » WHO Declares Ebola Outbreak 'International Public Health Emergency'
- » No Health Reform Likely Soon, Outgoing Minister Says
- » Salaries in Bulgarian Healthcare 'Guaranteed Until December'