Bulgaria's Sofia Appoints New Deputy Mayor
Major General Professor Stoyan Tonev has been appointed as deputy mayor of Bulgaria’s capital Sofia.
Tonev, who headed the city’s Military Medical Academy for a period of 12 years, will be in charge of municipal healthcare and social services.
The Bulgarian capital plans to allocate a total of BGN 35 M for healthcare and BGN 31 M for social services in 2014.
The draft budget is to be voted by Sofia’s municipal council on February 6.
- » Bulgaria's Smoking Ban Debate To Be Rekindled Again
- » Bulgaria Ranks First in Unfortunate EU Health Statistics
- » Many Bulgarians Travel Over 50 km to See A Doctor
- » Bulgaria and Greece To Set Up Transplantation Network
- » Half of Bulgaria's Medics Will Retire Within 10 Years
- » Bulgaria Launches Valentine's Day AIDS Campaign