Bulgaria's Sofia Appoints New Deputy Mayor
Major General Professor Stoyan Tonev has been appointed as deputy mayor of Bulgaria’s capital Sofia.
Tonev, who headed the city’s Military Medical Academy for a period of 12 years, will be in charge of municipal healthcare and social services.
The Bulgarian capital plans to allocate a total of BGN 35 M for healthcare and BGN 31 M for social services in 2014.
The draft budget is to be voted by Sofia’s municipal council on February 6.
- » Bulgaria Spends Most Funds Allocated to Healthcare on Hospitals
- » 60% of Calls to 112 Emergency Phone Number in 2014 Were Unjustified
- » 58% of Settlements in Bulgaria to Access Emergency Care in 20 Minutes by 2020
- » Healthcare in Bulgaria Ranks Among Poorest in Europe
- » Bulgarian City Clinic to Invest BGN 200 M in Construction of Three Hospitals
- » Less than Half of Bulgarians Have Access to Emergency Medical Services within 30 Minutes