Bulgaria's Sofia Appoints New Deputy Mayor
Major General Professor Stoyan Tonev has been appointed as deputy mayor of Bulgaria’s capital Sofia.
Tonev, who headed the city’s Military Medical Academy for a period of 12 years, will be in charge of municipal healthcare and social services.
The Bulgarian capital plans to allocate a total of BGN 35 M for healthcare and BGN 31 M for social services in 2014.
The draft budget is to be voted by Sofia’s municipal council on February 6.
- » 600 Thousand Bulgarians Suffer from Diabetes – Expert
- » Bulgaria’s National Health Insurance Fund Seeks Budget Update by BGN 100 M
- » Flu Epidemic Most Likely To Peak In January – February
- » Heart Disease Remains Leading Cause of Death in Bulgaria
- » 19% of Bulgarians Paid No Health Insurance Contributions in 2013
- » 400 Doctors Left Bulgaria to Work Overseas since January