Bulgaria's Sofia Appoints New Deputy Mayor
Major General Professor Stoyan Tonev has been appointed as deputy mayor of Bulgaria’s capital Sofia.
Tonev, who headed the city’s Military Medical Academy for a period of 12 years, will be in charge of municipal healthcare and social services.
The Bulgarian capital plans to allocate a total of BGN 35 M for healthcare and BGN 31 M for social services in 2014.
The draft budget is to be voted by Sofia’s municipal council on February 6.
- » Bird Flu: 63 Locations of Infections in Bulgaria
- » Flu Epidemic Declared in Two Bulgarian Towns
- » Flu Epidemic Starts 20-30 Days Earlier Than Predicted in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Hosts 3rd Global Summit for Preemies
- » Bulgarian MPs Keep Health Insurance Contribution at 8%
- » High Blood Pressure Medications Free-of-Charge As Of New Year