Bulgaria's Sofia Appoints New Deputy Mayor
Major General Professor Stoyan Tonev has been appointed as deputy mayor of Bulgaria’s capital Sofia.
Tonev, who headed the city’s Military Medical Academy for a period of 12 years, will be in charge of municipal healthcare and social services.
The Bulgarian capital plans to allocate a total of BGN 35 M for healthcare and BGN 31 M for social services in 2014.
The draft budget is to be voted by Sofia’s municipal council on February 6.
- » Salaries in Bulgarian Healthcare 'Guaranteed Until December'
- » Bulgarian Scientists Prove Beer to Be as Healthy as Fruits
- » Parliament Passes At First Reading NZOK Budget Update
- » Without Healthcare Reform, NZOK Budget Update Is Pointless - Datzov
- » German Transplant Patient to Receive Liver from Bulgarian Donor
- » Unlicensed Dentist Treats Patients in Sofia