Bulgaria's Sofia Appoints New Deputy Mayor
Major General Professor Stoyan Tonev has been appointed as deputy mayor of Bulgaria’s capital Sofia.
Tonev, who headed the city’s Military Medical Academy for a period of 12 years, will be in charge of municipal healthcare and social services.
The Bulgarian capital plans to allocate a total of BGN 35 M for healthcare and BGN 31 M for social services in 2014.
The draft budget is to be voted by Sofia’s municipal council on February 6.
- » Sofia Patient with 'Ebola' Symptoms Infected with Malaria
- » Bulgaria Health Minister Urges Increased Awareness of Ebola Risk
- » Sofia Patient Uninfected with Ebola, Tests Show
- » Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms Hospitalised In Sofia, Officials Doubt Ebola Version
- » Bulgaria’s Health Minister to Submit Reform Plan by end-November
- » Bulgarian MPs Pass Overhaul of Healthcare Budget