Bulgaria's Sofia Appoints New Deputy Mayor
Major General Professor Stoyan Tonev has been appointed as deputy mayor of Bulgaria’s capital Sofia.
Tonev, who headed the city’s Military Medical Academy for a period of 12 years, will be in charge of municipal healthcare and social services.
The Bulgarian capital plans to allocate a total of BGN 35 M for healthcare and BGN 31 M for social services in 2014.
The draft budget is to be voted by Sofia’s municipal council on February 6.
- » Bulgarian MPs Pass BGN 3 B Healthcare Budget
- » Bulgaria's Child Mortality Is 2 Times Higher Than EU's
- » Israeli Investors Building 4 Oncological Centers in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Health Inspectorate Steps Up Checks on Indoor Smoking Ban
- » All Ambulances to Bear Posters in Support of Health Minister
- » Bulgaria 'to Invest EUR 300 M in Healthcare in 2016'