Bulgaria's Sofia Appoints New Deputy Mayor
Major General Professor Stoyan Tonev has been appointed as deputy mayor of Bulgaria’s capital Sofia.
Tonev, who headed the city’s Military Medical Academy for a period of 12 years, will be in charge of municipal healthcare and social services.
The Bulgarian capital plans to allocate a total of BGN 35 M for healthcare and BGN 31 M for social services in 2014.
The draft budget is to be voted by Sofia’s municipal council on February 6.
- » Bulgaria Has Fifth Largest Share of Obese Children in Europe – WHO
- » Midwife Guilty of Baby Beating Has Worked 7 24-hour Shifts Monthly
- » Bulgarian Health Minister Foresees Possible Decrease in Number of Hospitals
- » Bulgaria Midwife Who Wounded Baby Regularly Worked 24 Hours On Duty
- » Bulgaria Health System Could Perform Much Better, World Bank Says
- » Hospitals in Bulgaria Use Up to 3 Times More Antibiotics than in Western Europe – Expert