Bulgaria's Sofia Appoints New Deputy Mayor
Major General Professor Stoyan Tonev has been appointed as deputy mayor of Bulgaria’s capital Sofia.
Tonev, who headed the city’s Military Medical Academy for a period of 12 years, will be in charge of municipal healthcare and social services.
The Bulgarian capital plans to allocate a total of BGN 35 M for healthcare and BGN 31 M for social services in 2014.
The draft budget is to be voted by Sofia’s municipal council on February 6.
- » Bulgaria Wins Praise for Achievements in Fighting HIV/AIDS
- » Bulgaria to Set up Advisory National Food Board
- » Bulgarian Midwife Guilty of Baby Beating Released on Bail
- » Minumum Risk of Zika Virus Spreading to Bulgaria After First Registered Case in Romania
- » Bulgaria Splits Medical Care Services into Basic and Complementary Packages
- » Fingerprint Identification to be Introduced in Bulgarian Hospitals by September 25