Bulgaria's Sofia Appoints New Deputy Mayor
Major General Professor Stoyan Tonev has been appointed as deputy mayor of Bulgaria’s capital Sofia.
Tonev, who headed the city’s Military Medical Academy for a period of 12 years, will be in charge of municipal healthcare and social services.
The Bulgarian capital plans to allocate a total of BGN 35 M for healthcare and BGN 31 M for social services in 2014.
The draft budget is to be voted by Sofia’s municipal council on February 6.
- » Bulgaria's GERB Spent BGN 1.4B on Pensions – Deputy Health Minister
- » Bulgarian Children Suffer from Obesity, Prefer Tv to Sport
- » Bulgarians Spend 6 Times More Money On Their Cars Than On Health
- » Bulgaria's Doctors to Join Protests on EU Doctors Action Day
- » EC Considers Introduction of 'Traffic Light' Food Labels
- » Nearly 80% of Bulgarians Never Exercise - Eurobarometer