Bulgaria's Sofia Appoints New Deputy Mayor
Major General Professor Stoyan Tonev has been appointed as deputy mayor of Bulgaria’s capital Sofia.
Tonev, who headed the city’s Military Medical Academy for a period of 12 years, will be in charge of municipal healthcare and social services.
The Bulgarian capital plans to allocate a total of BGN 35 M for healthcare and BGN 31 M for social services in 2014.
The draft budget is to be voted by Sofia’s municipal council on February 6.
- » Bulgaria’s PM: Hospitals Will Remain On No-Privatization List
- » Bulgaria’s Health Ministry Mulls 3-10% Tax on Junk Food
- » Turkey Gives 100,000 Vaccines to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria, Romania to Order Expensive Medicines Jointly as of end-2015
- » Bulgaria Has Second Highest Number of Smokers in EU
- » Bulgaria Has Fifth Largest Share of Obese Children in Europe – WHO