Bulgaria's Sofia Appoints New Deputy Mayor
Major General Professor Stoyan Tonev has been appointed as deputy mayor of Bulgaria’s capital Sofia.
Tonev, who headed the city’s Military Medical Academy for a period of 12 years, will be in charge of municipal healthcare and social services.
The Bulgarian capital plans to allocate a total of BGN 35 M for healthcare and BGN 31 M for social services in 2014.
The draft budget is to be voted by Sofia’s municipal council on February 6.
- » Nearly a Million Bulgarians have Health Problems
- » The Project for National Healthcare Card in Bulgaria is Ready
- » "Exercise in Your Town" - Sports Initiative in Sofia This Saturday
- » 46 People have Died of Measles in Romania
- » 719 Thousand Bulgarians Have no Health Insurance
- » BBC: Yulia Skripal is Conscious and Talking