Bulgaria's Sofia Appoints New Deputy Mayor
Major General Professor Stoyan Tonev has been appointed as deputy mayor of Bulgaria’s capital Sofia.
Tonev, who headed the city’s Military Medical Academy for a period of 12 years, will be in charge of municipal healthcare and social services.
The Bulgarian capital plans to allocate a total of BGN 35 M for healthcare and BGN 31 M for social services in 2014.
The draft budget is to be voted by Sofia’s municipal council on February 6.
- » World Bank Said to Be Urging Bulgaria to Cut VAT on Drugs
- » Bathing Ban at Central Beach of Bulgaria's Lozenets Remains in Force
- » Health Authorities Temporarily Ban Bathing on Central Beach in Bulgaria's Lozenets
- » Bulgaria Had High Rates of Potentially Amenable Deaths in 2012 - Eurostat
- » Bulgaria’s Health Minister Revokes License of Private Hospital
- » Bulgaria’s PM: Hospitals Will Remain On No-Privatization List