Bulgaria's Sofia Appoints New Deputy Mayor
Major General Professor Stoyan Tonev has been appointed as deputy mayor of Bulgaria’s capital Sofia.
Tonev, who headed the city’s Military Medical Academy for a period of 12 years, will be in charge of municipal healthcare and social services.
The Bulgarian capital plans to allocate a total of BGN 35 M for healthcare and BGN 31 M for social services in 2014.
The draft budget is to be voted by Sofia’s municipal council on February 6.
- » 19% of Bulgarians Paid No Health Insurance Contributions in 2013
- » 400 Doctors Left Bulgaria to Work Overseas since January
- » Bulgaria Among Countries with Lowest Suicide Rates – WHO
- » Bulgarian Health Insurance Fund Chief Backs New Budget Update by BGN 117 M
- » Director of Sofia Regional Health Inspectorate Dismissed
- » Bulgaria's Health Minister Halts BGN 30 M of Procurement