Bulgaria's Sofia Appoints New Deputy Mayor
Major General Professor Stoyan Tonev has been appointed as deputy mayor of Bulgaria’s capital Sofia.
Tonev, who headed the city’s Military Medical Academy for a period of 12 years, will be in charge of municipal healthcare and social services.
The Bulgarian capital plans to allocate a total of BGN 35 M for healthcare and BGN 31 M for social services in 2014.
The draft budget is to be voted by Sofia’s municipal council on February 6.
- » Unlicensed Dentist Treats Patients in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Citizens Cover 46% of Health Expenses
- » Bulgaria's Gov't Could Provide BGN 225 M for Health Fund - FinMin
- » Half Million Bulgarians Admitted in Emergency Care Units Since January
- » Bulgaria's Prime Minister Sees 'No Need' to Update Health Budget
- » Proposals to Update Bulgaria's Healthcare Budget to Be Made in Days