Bulgarians Rally at Ukrainian Embassy in Support of Pro-EU Protest
Bulgarians are staging Thursday evening a protest rally in front of the Ukrainian Embassy in the capital Sofia.
"In Ukraine, the power crossed all boundaries and started killing protesters with whom we lead a similar struggle for values and morals. Let us honor the memory of Ukrainians who perished in it by lighting candles in front of the Ukrainian Embassy in Sofia. Because those killed in Kiev are one of us, the people, pushed to the wall, "wrote the organizers of the event "Support Free Ukraine" on Facebook.
The protest started at 5:30 pm. Several hundreds have gathered, shouting, holding banners and lighting candles under the careful watch of 100 riot police, who are not interfering.
It was announced meanwhile that the Ukrainian Parliament will hold an emergency session on January 28 to discuss possible resignation of the embattled government.
- » Earthquake Felt in Bulgaria's Chirpan
- » Heavy Rains, Floods, Car Crashes on Holy Saturday in Bulgaria
- » Jerusalem Holy Fire to Arrive in Bulgaria’s Plovdiv on Holy Saturday
- » Code Yellow Issued in 16 Bulgarian Districts Over Heavy Rain
- » Bulgarian Drivers Advised to Put Winter Tires
- » Orthodox Bulgarians Mark Good Friday