Bulgarians Rally at Ukrainian Embassy in Support of Pro-EU Protest
Bulgarians are staging Thursday evening a protest rally in front of the Ukrainian Embassy in the capital Sofia.
"In Ukraine, the power crossed all boundaries and started killing protesters with whom we lead a similar struggle for values and morals. Let us honor the memory of Ukrainians who perished in it by lighting candles in front of the Ukrainian Embassy in Sofia. Because those killed in Kiev are one of us, the people, pushed to the wall, "wrote the organizers of the event "Support Free Ukraine" on Facebook.
The protest started at 5:30 pm. Several hundreds have gathered, shouting, holding banners and lighting candles under the careful watch of 100 riot police, who are not interfering.
It was announced meanwhile that the Ukrainian Parliament will hold an emergency session on January 28 to discuss possible resignation of the embattled government.
- » 7 Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert for Heavy Rain, Strong Wind
- » Canadian Soldier Killed in Shooting Near Parliament in Ottawa
- » Code Orange Issued in Seven Bulgarian Districts Over Heavy Rains, Wind
- » 200 Bulgarian, Romanian Roma Evicted from Camp in Paris
- » Almost 90% Of Disabled People In Bulgaria Are Jobless
- » Bulgaria to Host International Astronomy Olympiad in 2015