Bulgarians Rally at Ukrainian Embassy in Support of Pro-EU Protest
Bulgarians are staging Thursday evening a protest rally in front of the Ukrainian Embassy in the capital Sofia.
"In Ukraine, the power crossed all boundaries and started killing protesters with whom we lead a similar struggle for values and morals. Let us honor the memory of Ukrainians who perished in it by lighting candles in front of the Ukrainian Embassy in Sofia. Because those killed in Kiev are one of us, the people, pushed to the wall, "wrote the organizers of the event "Support Free Ukraine" on Facebook.
The protest started at 5:30 pm. Several hundreds have gathered, shouting, holding banners and lighting candles under the careful watch of 100 riot police, who are not interfering.
It was announced meanwhile that the Ukrainian Parliament will hold an emergency session on January 28 to discuss possible resignation of the embattled government.
- » Forest Fire Damage in Bulgaria since Jan 2015 Estimated at BGN 10 M
- » 'Socialist Beer' Adds Appeal to Traditional Buzludzha Fest
- » Bulgarian High School Students Win Gold, 2 Silver Medals at International Olympiad in Informatics
- » Inactivity Rate of Young People in Bulgaria at nearly 73% in 2014
- » Robbie Williams to Perform With His Father at Bulgaria's Spirit of Burgas
- » Bulgaria Will Have World's Most Rapidly Shrinking Population in Next 35 Years - UN