Bulgarian Well-Doer Plundered Again
Burglars have broken in one of the houses of the well-known Bulgarian Father Ivan, in the village of Yakimovo, near Montana, police reported.
Father Ivan, an Orthodox priest, is known for having built a shelter, hospice, and orphanage in the Bulgarian town of Novi Han on his own and with modest donations.
He has bought many houses in Yakimovo as well, where he accomodates poor but religious people.
The house burgled was used as a warehouse for household and food products. This not the first time that Father Ivan became a victim of thieves.
The police have started pre-trial proceedings on the case.
Father Ivan is seen by many as nearly the sole individual who had created his own, alternative social structure to help the poor, the elderly, the sick and anyone in distress.
- » Police Probe Attempted Arson Against Jewish Chapel in Malmö
- » 15 People were Detained in an Operation of the GDBOP in Veliko Tarnovo
- » Illegal Cigarette Factory with Workers from Bulgaria and Ukraine was Discovered in Spain
- » Swedish Police Bust International Begging Ring
- » Six were Killed in a Bomb Attack in Pakistan
- » 8 were Killed and 10 Injured in a Minibus Explosion in the Syrian city of Homs