Bulgaria's Integration Strategy Keeps Roma Children in School
Some 400 Roma children from Bulgaria's North Eastern Shumen region have been included in various programs aiming at keeping them in school, official data showed.
The information regarding the progress of the Regional Roma Integration Strategy was presented at the meeting of the Regional Council for Cooperation on Ethnic and Integration Issues, Bulgarian Focus Radio reported.
The Roma Integration Strategy worked in six directions among which education, labor market, healthcare, housing and non-discrimination.
The Regional Inspectorate of Education noted that Bulgarian language exams show Roma children do worse than children whose mother tongue is Bulgarian or Turkish.
In order to overcome this problem, organizational measures to help improve education of Roma children need to be taken.
- » Teachers Approved 256 Schoolbooks
- » 351 Candidate Students From Traditional Bulgarian Communities Choose Bulgaria to Continue Their Education
- » Bulgarian Students Won 12 Medals at Prestigious International Math Olympiads
- » Minimum Wage For Bulgarian Teachers to be BGN 836 as of September 1
- » One Gold and Three Bronze Medals for Bulgarian Team in a Prestigious Competition for Informatics in Tehran
- » Remarkable Success for Bulgarian National Biology Team in UK