5 Bulgarian Parties to Win EP Seats – Poll
Five Bulgarian political parties will have representatives in the European Parliament if European elections were to be held now, according to a recent poll.
The poll has been conducted by the Sova Haris agency between January 10 and 15.
The Bulgarian Socialist Party, BSP, would have 7 MEPs, the formerly-ruling, opposition and centrist Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB – 6, the liberal, predominantly ethnic Turkish party Movement for Rights and Freedoms, DPS – 2; the populist "Bulgaria without Censorship of controversial former TV journalist Nikolay Barekov and the right-wing Reformist Bloc - 1 each.
The margin between GERB and BSP is 1.1%.
Regarding general elections in the country, if they were to be held now, BSP would win 87 parliamentary seats; GERB – 82, DPS – 30, the Reformist Block – 18, the extremist nationalist Ataka – 10, and Barekov's party – 13.
The margin between BSP and GERB is melting – from 5% in November to slightly over 1% now.
However, pollsters from the agency say that BSP's approval is about 2.4% higher than the one for GERB, which speaks of a larger potential of the first.
They further believe that former two-term President and former BSP leader, Georgi Parvanov, has chosen a very inappropriate moment to revive his ABV movement, stressing that it would not lead to a split in the socialist party and the damages for the latter will be minimal.
- » Winter Road Maintenance Begins from November 1
- » Budget 2018 Envisages Additional 400 mln for Healthcare
- » From 2019 90% of the Territory of Bulgaria will be Protected from Hailstorms
- » Taxi Crashed into the Car of the Leader of the Bulgarian Socialist Party
- » 40% of the Places in the Higher Education Institutions in Bulgaria Remain Vacant
- » Typhoon "Lan" Hits Japan Leaving 5 People Dead