Parma Sign Young Bulgarian Striker on Loan
Italian Serie A team Parma has signed the 18-year-old Bulgarian talent Georg Vasilev on a 6-month loan.
The young striker has only played 2 matches for the men’s team of Lokomotiv Sofia, but his performances with the youth national team have caught the eye of Italian scouts.
Vasilev will be on loan in Parma until the end of the season. In the summer, the Italians will have the option of signing him on a permanent deal for EUR 250,000.
Parma, who are currently 8th in the Italian league, have had a Bulgarian play for them previously. The legendary Hristo Stoichkov spent the 1995-1996 season there, scoring 5 goals in 23 matches.
Vasilev becomes the second Bulgarian youngster to earn himself a transfer in Italy this winter. Levski’s Antonio Vutov moved to Udinese earlier in January.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Loses to Poland’s Janowicz in Cincinnati Open
- » Maria Sharapova Tops World's Highest-Paid Female Athletes List Again
- » Tsonga Defeats Bulgaria's Dimitrov at Toronto Masters Semifinals
- » Bulgaria Wins Silver at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Sofia
- » Victorious Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Toronto Masters Semifinals
- » Grigor Dimitrov to Face Kevin Anderson in ATP Masters Tonight