Bulgarian Prosecution to Indict Nationalist Siderov Over Airport Row
The Bulgarian Prosecution will indict the leader of the nationalist Ataka party Volen Siderov.
The country’s Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov revealed that the proceedings can go ahead now that the MP has forfeited his parliamentary immunity.
Earlier in January, Volen Siderov verbally assaulted a French cultural attach? during a Sofia-Varna flight and later attacked a passenger and a police officer in a Varna airport shuttle bus, according to witnesses. Siderov denies any wrongdoing and believes the whole incident is part of a plot against him.
“We are planning to question the French diplomat regarding the incident, but this can happen only after we contact the head of their diplomatic mission and receive approval”, Tsatsarov stated.
The Prosecutor added that the cabin crew of the flight and the other deputies accompanying Siderov will also be called in to testify.
- » NW Bulgarian Gangs 'Specialized in People Smuggling'
- » Ex Head of Bulgaria's Medical Military Academy Gets New Indictment
- » Bulgarian National Shortlisted in Europol Advent Calendar
- » ECHR Sentences Bulgaria over Violation of Inmates' Right to Free Speech
- » Bulgarian Defense Ministry Officials under Abeyance Probe
- » Aghan Man Blamed for Bulgarian Flag Desecration to Stay in Custody