Protesters, Police Continue Battle in Kiev
The standoff between protesters and police in the Ukrainian capital Kiev remained overnight and continues into Thursday morning.
Protesters constructed barricades, piled up stones or threw them at police, while the authorities responded with fire hydrants and flash grenades, the Kyiv Post revealed.
Screaming “Murderers” at the uniformed, civilians ripped out pavement stones to use as weapons. Bags filled with snow were piled up for barricades.
This comes just a day after 5 demonstrators lost their lives in the capital. Circumstances surrounding their deaths are still unconfirmed. The government denies allegations that police used real bullets to fire at the crowd.
The violence, which broke out on January 19, was prompted by the Ukrainian government’s newly passed laws, which give the police increased power to fight and detain protesters, as well as hefty fines and jail sentences for those who disobey.
There are no reported fatalities in Wednesday night and Thursday morning’s protests.
- » Turkey to Hand Over Body of Pilot of Downed Su-24 to Russia
- » Leaders of EU, Turkey to Hold Summit on Migration Crisis
- » Clash Between Macedonian Police, Migrants Leaves Scores Injured at Border with Greece
- » Russian President Signs Decree Introducing Sanctions Against Turkey
- » Turkey Tells Its Citizens to Delay Travel to Russia
- » Macedonian Army Builds Metal Fence on Border with Greece
What on earth "battle", dear Novinite!? I don't submit videos of the incessant attacks of "protestors" on the policemen and interviews with those "protestors" this time, EVERYONE can find them easily on Youtube...........
The following is absolutely obvious today:
- not "attempt" but the real, step-by-step, coup d'état happens right now in Ukraine;
- the core of "protestors" are the well organized, trained, co-ordinated, equipped and paid fighters from UNA- UNSO, White Hammer, Patriots of Ukraine, Trident and some other ultranationalist, anti-semitic and pro-fascist
structures under the overall guidance of the so-called "Right Center"; that "Center"-and the other leaders (Klitchko, Yatsenuk, Tiagnibok)- openly urges people from the western regions to come to Maidan in order "to overthrow the regime";
- more than 200 policemen are in the hospitals already and the number permanently increases;
- in such a situation ANY western state (USA first of all) would immediately proclaim the state of emergency and disperse BY FORCE those bastards "protestors" who, btw, openly threaten today to finish off the policemen and members of their families;
- but what we see is: West de facto supports "protestors", West exercises the unprecedented pressure-not on those pretty brazen scum - but on the Ukrainian authorities: "Don't tuch peaceful people!", isn't that nice!?, and
Yanukovich, alas, is obeying that pressure, he betrays police, people and himself....for how much?