Iranian President: Geneva-2 Bound to Fail in Combating Terrorism
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani believes the Geneva-2 peace conference is doomed to fail in finding a solution to counter terrorism.
"There is little hope that this meeting would be successful in terms of fighting terrorism, because some states that are sponsoring terrorism and responsible for the instability in the region are taking part in this session", Rouhani wrote on Twitter, cited by ITAR-TASS.
A day before the start of the peace conference, the UN's Secretary General Ban Ki-moon cancelled the invitation sent to Iran.
The West accuses Iran of supporting and directly supplying with arms Syria's leadership.
On the other hand, Assad's proponents claim that the real terrorist forces are within the opposition, whose intent is to destabilize the region.
- » Juncker Says Turkey 'In No Position' to be EU Member
- » Suicide Blast Outside Music Festival in Germany Leaves 12 Injured
- » Three-Way Summit to Lay Basis for Supplying Turkmen Gas to Europe
- » Migrants Arrivals by Sea in Europe Top 242,000 so far in 2016 – IOM
- » Some 4,700 People Remanded in Custody in Turkey over Failed Coup Attempt
- » Turkish Airlines to Maintain Normal Operations during Emergency Rule