Iranian President: Geneva-2 Bound to Fail in Combating Terrorism
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani believes the Geneva-2 peace conference is doomed to fail in finding a solution to counter terrorism.
"There is little hope that this meeting would be successful in terms of fighting terrorism, because some states that are sponsoring terrorism and responsible for the instability in the region are taking part in this session", Rouhani wrote on Twitter, cited by ITAR-TASS.
A day before the start of the peace conference, the UN's Secretary General Ban Ki-moon cancelled the invitation sent to Iran.
The West accuses Iran of supporting and directly supplying with arms Syria's leadership.
On the other hand, Assad's proponents claim that the real terrorist forces are within the opposition, whose intent is to destabilize the region.
- » EP Approves Association With Georgia, Calls Russia to Withdraw
- » European Council Approves Juncker's EUR 315 B Investment Plan
- » Lifting of Sanctions Against Russia Dependent on Ukrainian Integrity - EU
- » EU Slaps New Sanctions on Crimea Targeting Energy, Tourism
- » High Rates, Volatile Rouble Increase Risks to Russia’s Economy, Fitch Says
- » Putin Says Russia’s Economic Woes Will Be Over in Two Years