Iranian President: Geneva-2 Bound to Fail in Combating Terrorism
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani believes the Geneva-2 peace conference is doomed to fail in finding a solution to counter terrorism.
"There is little hope that this meeting would be successful in terms of fighting terrorism, because some states that are sponsoring terrorism and responsible for the instability in the region are taking part in this session", Rouhani wrote on Twitter, cited by ITAR-TASS.
A day before the start of the peace conference, the UN's Secretary General Ban Ki-moon cancelled the invitation sent to Iran.
The West accuses Iran of supporting and directly supplying with arms Syria's leadership.
On the other hand, Assad's proponents claim that the real terrorist forces are within the opposition, whose intent is to destabilize the region.
- » Reuters: Turkey Moving Ever Closer To Becoming Authoritarian State
- » Belgium: Not All Returns of Migrants to Bulgaria Are Cancelled
- » Germany Legalises Marijuana
- » Russia Warns of 'Maidan' over Bulgarian President's Inauguration, MPs Pick Up
- » Reina Attacker 'Targeted Taksim Square' on New Year
- » Germany To Hold Parliamentary Elections on September 24