Mohamed Khalaf: Arab States Will Inevitably Split Up
The Iraqi-born journalist and correspondent in Bulgaria Mohamed Khalaf is convinced that neither the US nor Russia will be able to keep Syria unified.
"No matter what Russia and the United States do, they will not manage to keep Syria unified. Political solutions are still far from the thinking of the Muslim world. Instead, we always look for wars and resort to the force of weapons", Khalaf, who is an expert in Arab studies, told Novinite.com.
"The Arab world is heading towards internal wars. The political elites there do not look for political solutions", he specified.
Khalaf is concerned that people in the Arab world are not accustomed to accepting and tolerating outside views and opinions. As an example, the scholar and journalist points out the radical revolts which followed the publication of caricatures mocking the prophet Muhammad.
"In the Arab world, we are witnessing the beginning of a process of forming nation states along ethnic and religious lines. The Middle East is heading towards a breakup, and an emergence of new states", Khalaf adds.
The journalist predicts that Iraq, Libya, and Yemen will each split up into 3 nations, while for Syria, he envisions a Sunni and a Kurdish state.
- » Albania's Parliament Dismisses Central Bank Governor
- » China, India Sign Landmark USD 20 B Deals
- » Russia's Putin 'Threatens to Send Army' to Riga, Warsaw, Bucharest
- » Scotland 'to Remain in UK' - Last Poll
- » Ukraine Urges EU to Discuss Drop in Russian Gas Transit with Moscow
- » Scotland Votes on Independence