Mohamed Khalaf: Arab States Will Inevitably Split Up
The Iraqi-born journalist and correspondent in Bulgaria Mohamed Khalaf is convinced that neither the US nor Russia will be able to keep Syria unified.
"No matter what Russia and the United States do, they will not manage to keep Syria unified. Political solutions are still far from the thinking of the Muslim world. Instead, we always look for wars and resort to the force of weapons", Khalaf, who is an expert in Arab studies, told Novinite.com.
"The Arab world is heading towards internal wars. The political elites there do not look for political solutions", he specified.
Khalaf is concerned that people in the Arab world are not accustomed to accepting and tolerating outside views and opinions. As an example, the scholar and journalist points out the radical revolts which followed the publication of caricatures mocking the prophet Muhammad.
"In the Arab world, we are witnessing the beginning of a process of forming nation states along ethnic and religious lines. The Middle East is heading towards a breakup, and an emergence of new states", Khalaf adds.
The journalist predicts that Iraq, Libya, and Yemen will each split up into 3 nations, while for Syria, he envisions a Sunni and a Kurdish state.
- » Ansbach Attacker 'Had Islamist Videos, Addressed IS'
- » Juncker Says Turkey 'In No Position' to be EU Member
- » Suicide Blast Outside Music Festival in Germany Leaves 12 Injured
- » Three-Way Summit to Lay Basis for Supplying Turkmen Gas to Europe
- » Migrants Arrivals by Sea in Europe Top 242,000 so far in 2016 – IOM
- » Some 4,700 People Remanded in Custody in Turkey over Failed Coup Attempt