Flu Epidemic Declared for Sofia City
A flu epidemic has been declared for the Bulgarian capital Sofia by the Regional Health Inspectorate.
The flu epidemic for the capital is effective from Thursday, January 23.
Daily monitoring of flu cases and of acute respiratory diseases shows a clear trend of increase of morbidity. For the period from January 13 to January 19, 2014, 189 respiratory diseases per 10 000 people have been registered in Sofia by the Regional Health Inspectorate.
The Inspectorate further notes that since January 20, 2014, a daily increase in the number of patients with acute respiratory diseases has been noted, which is set to reach epidemic levels.
With the announcement of the epidemic, hospitals are ordered to implement restrictive measures regarding prevention and planned activities.
Children's and women's clinics will be temporarily closed; screenings, vaccinations, planned surgeries and visits to medical institutions are stopped.
Schools remain open for the time being.
- » Parliament Passes At First Reading NZOK Budget Update
- » Without Healthcare Reform, NZOK Budget Update Is Pointless - Datzov
- » German Transplant Patient to Receive Liver from Bulgarian Donor
- » Unlicensed Dentist Treats Patients in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Citizens Cover 46% of Health Expenses
- » Bulgaria's Gov't Could Provide BGN 225 M for Health Fund - FinMin