Former FM Solomon Passy: EC Report on Bulgaria Disastrous
The latest European Commission monitoring report on Bulgaria is disastrous, according to Bulgaria's former Foreign Minister Solomon Passy.
The report under the Cooperation and Verification Mechanism shows Bulgaria is heading for catastrophe, said the President of the Atlantic Club of Bulgaria for Bulgaria On Air TV station.
"I say this with great sadness because when the overall monitoring mechanism was negotiated in 2005-2007, we expected that it would remain in force for two to three years," Passy expained.
"Now Bulgaria is facing 5-6 more years of monitoring and 5-10 years until Schengen area admission. These two matters are very much interconnected, "said the former Foreign Minister.
Solomon Passy is categorical that responsibility should be taken personally, rather than abstractly.
- » Bulgaria is Among the EU Countries with the Highest Number of Old Aircraft
- » Kristalina Georgieva: I Expect Bulgaria to Enter the Eurozone Waiting Room Next Year
- » Bulgarian PM: EU integration of the Western Balkans Would be Among the Priorities of the Bulgarian Presidency of the EU
- » Maria Gabriel: An Expert Group at European Level will Make a Common Definition of the Issue of False News
- » Minister Pavlova: Bulgaria is Completely Ready for its EU Presidency
- » Bulgarian PM: Dialogue is the Only Solution For Stability in the Former Soviet Space
"Instead of Bulgaria growing and prospering in the east where it belongs, we stay poor"
Indeed JustMe, you stay poor and this is sad. But this has nothing to do with being in the East or the West, it has all to do with the low added value that the BG citizens - also you - bring to the country.
60% of the BG working population works as shop attendants, security guards, drivers and cleaners, professions that bring very few added value. A sewing operator in India contributes more to the GDP than these people!
And for the other 40%, sorry, I have my doubts. Many people are good, but others would not survive 1 month in a BRIC country, not one week in Western Europe. Who needs the journalists of Radio Edno?
Hahahahaa,,this is the same guy who took Bulgaria away from Russia and into NATO and the EU directions. Instead of Bulgaria growing and prospering in the east where it belongs, we stay poor, impoverished and with no markets in the west. This is the last guy who should be making comments about Bulgaria's bad position at the moment. We can not even visit Russia without a visa now. THanks! The BRIC countries grow and develop, a winning team, and we stay with the losing team of EU, that has economies that stagnate, and just use us for cheap labor. THanks again Mr. Passy!