Bulgarian Justice Minister: EC Report Objective, Clear
Bulgaria's Justice Minister Zinaida Zlatanova believes the European Commission's latest monitoring report on Bulgaria is objective and clear, without politicizing the problems.
The report, under the Cooperation and Verification Mechanism (CVM) was presented on Wednesday, analyzing the steps Bulgaria has taken over the past 18 months in fighting corruption and organized crime, as well as judicial reforms.
"I am very satisfied with what I see in the report. It is very clear and will serve to formulate our next action plan, which we will start drafting immediately", said Zlatanova at the press conference following the report's presentation.
"We must note that the report points out the lack of interference of the executive branch with the legislative. This is an attestation that the current government has improved a lot of things in this respect", added the Justice Minister.
Zlatanova stressed that some of the recommendations in the latest report were also present in the July 2012 report.
- » World Bank: Entire Bulgarian Generation Needed To Reach EU Standards
- » EP's Tajani 'Wishes GERB Good Luck in Elections' - Bulgaria PM
- » Logo of Bulgaria's EU Presidency Selected
- » Bulgaria's Election Watchdog Confirms Petar Kurumbashev Will Be MEP
- » Austria's Chancellor Accuses Eastern Europe of 'Exporting Unemployment'
- » 170 Participants in Competition for Bulgaria's EU Presidency Logo