Bulgarian Justice Minister: EC Report Objective, Clear
Bulgaria's Justice Minister Zinaida Zlatanova believes the European Commission's latest monitoring report on Bulgaria is objective and clear, without politicizing the problems.
The report, under the Cooperation and Verification Mechanism (CVM) was presented on Wednesday, analyzing the steps Bulgaria has taken over the past 18 months in fighting corruption and organized crime, as well as judicial reforms.
"I am very satisfied with what I see in the report. It is very clear and will serve to formulate our next action plan, which we will start drafting immediately", said Zlatanova at the press conference following the report's presentation.
"We must note that the report points out the lack of interference of the executive branch with the legislative. This is an attestation that the current government has improved a lot of things in this respect", added the Justice Minister.
Zlatanova stressed that some of the recommendations in the latest report were also present in the July 2012 report.
- » Bulgaria, Turkey PMs Urge Common European Approach to Migration Crisis
- » Bulgaria to Expand Harmanli Refugee Centre
- » Bulgaria Discussing Balkans Border Security with Germany
- » Interest in Bulgarian Citizenship Rises among Britons after Brexit
- » Bulgarian EU Presidency to Cost Estimated EUR 75 M
- » EC VP Kristalina Georgieva Denies Media Speculation of Being's GERB's Pick for President of Bulgaria