Bulgarian Justice Minister: EC Report Objective, Clear
Bulgaria's Justice Minister Zinaida Zlatanova believes the European Commission's latest monitoring report on Bulgaria is objective and clear, without politicizing the problems.
The report, under the Cooperation and Verification Mechanism (CVM) was presented on Wednesday, analyzing the steps Bulgaria has taken over the past 18 months in fighting corruption and organized crime, as well as judicial reforms.
"I am very satisfied with what I see in the report. It is very clear and will serve to formulate our next action plan, which we will start drafting immediately", said Zlatanova at the press conference following the report's presentation.
"We must note that the report points out the lack of interference of the executive branch with the legislative. This is an attestation that the current government has improved a lot of things in this respect", added the Justice Minister.
Zlatanova stressed that some of the recommendations in the latest report were also present in the July 2012 report.
- » New Operational Program in Bulgaria to Improve SME’s Access to External Financing
- » Bulgaria Granted Citizenship to 808 Foreign Nationals in 2013 - Eurostat
- » EU Commission President Thanks for Bulgarian Contribution to Investment Plan
- » Bulgaria Ranked at Bottom of Migrant Integration Index
- » Bulgaria to Contribute EUR 100 M to Juncker Investment Plan
- » Bulgaria’s Agriculture Fund Pays BGN 703 000 to Farmers Affected by Russian Embargo