EU Commission to Issue Next Report on Bulgaria’s Progress in Year
The next European Commission report on Bulgaria's progress will be issued in about a year, the EU executive has decided on Wednesday morning, its spokesman confirmed.
“The European Commission felt that it was important to have this longer time frame,” Mark Gray, a spokesman for the European Commission, said at a press conference in Brussels on Wednesday.
The European Commission's monitoring report on Bulgaria, issued on Wednesday, covers for the first time a one-year period in which three governments have succeeded.
Normally the reports on the country's progress under the Cooperation and Verification Mechanism (CVM) cover a 6-month period.
According to the Commission this very often does not lead to good results as governments are tempted to go for shot-term actions, Mark Gray added.
- » EP's Tajani 'Wishes GERB Good Luck in Elections' - Bulgaria PM
- » Logo of Bulgaria's EU Presidency Selected
- » Bulgaria's Election Watchdog Confirms Petar Kurumbashev Will Be MEP
- » Austria's Chancellor Accuses Eastern Europe of 'Exporting Unemployment'
- » 170 Participants in Competition for Bulgaria's EU Presidency Logo
- » Europe Braces for Tectonic Shifts - PES Leader