EU Commission to Issue Next Report on Bulgaria’s Progress in Year
The next European Commission report on Bulgaria's progress will be issued in about a year, the EU executive has decided on Wednesday morning, its spokesman confirmed.
“The European Commission felt that it was important to have this longer time frame,” Mark Gray, a spokesman for the European Commission, said at a press conference in Brussels on Wednesday.
The European Commission's monitoring report on Bulgaria, issued on Wednesday, covers for the first time a one-year period in which three governments have succeeded.
Normally the reports on the country's progress under the Cooperation and Verification Mechanism (CVM) cover a 6-month period.
According to the Commission this very often does not lead to good results as governments are tempted to go for shot-term actions, Mark Gray added.
- » ''Information Services'' Will Develop the Website of the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the EU
- » The Brussels Report on Bulgaria will be Released in November
- » By December 20 Bulgaria Will Have Exact Program of Its Presidency of the Council of EU
- » 250 000 BGN Will Cost the Office Equipment for the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of EU
- » Netherlands is also Against Bulgaria Entering Schengen
- » The German Interior Minister is Skeptical About Bulgaria's Accession to Schengen