EU Commission to Issue Next Report on Bulgaria’s Progress in Year
The next European Commission report on Bulgaria's progress will be issued in about a year, the EU executive has decided on Wednesday morning, its spokesman confirmed.
“The European Commission felt that it was important to have this longer time frame,” Mark Gray, a spokesman for the European Commission, said at a press conference in Brussels on Wednesday.
The European Commission's monitoring report on Bulgaria, issued on Wednesday, covers for the first time a one-year period in which three governments have succeeded.
Normally the reports on the country's progress under the Cooperation and Verification Mechanism (CVM) cover a 6-month period.
According to the Commission this very often does not lead to good results as governments are tempted to go for shot-term actions, Mark Gray added.
- » EU Commission Grants EUR 1.6 B to Bulgaria for Transport
- » Bulgarian PM Discusses Energy Projects at EU Council
- » EU Provides Financial Aid for Integration of Immigrants in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Gets Nod for EUR 2 B in EU Funding for Transport Projects
- » More Than Half of Bulgarians Have Positive Image of EU – Eurobarometer
- » Bulgaria to Get EUR 10.5 M Disaster Aid from EU