Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Disappointed by Loss
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov was disappointed by his loss to Rafael Nadal, shedding some tears on the way out of the court.
Dimitrov played some impressive tennis throughout the match, and showed no signs of fearing his experienced opponent. Particularly painful was the 3rd set, where he had three chances to win it, including one on his own serve.
"What can I say? It hurts. Of course I shed a few tears, but it should hurt. Obviously I have to put that in the past", Dimitrov told reporters at the press conference.
"I'm sure I could have done something different, but in a match everything comes down to a split second", he added.
The Bulgarian registered his best ever performance at a Grand Slam tournament by reaching the quarterfinal. This ensures that he will be in the world's top 20 for the first time, when the new rankings come out.
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award
- » Two Romanian Football Legends to Join Stoichkov's 50th Birthday Show
- » PM: Bulgaria Has Potential to Be Among Best Sport Destinations on Balkans
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Concludes Season with Defeat in Paris