Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Disappointed by Loss
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov was disappointed by his loss to Rafael Nadal, shedding some tears on the way out of the court.
Dimitrov played some impressive tennis throughout the match, and showed no signs of fearing his experienced opponent. Particularly painful was the 3rd set, where he had three chances to win it, including one on his own serve.
"What can I say? It hurts. Of course I shed a few tears, but it should hurt. Obviously I have to put that in the past", Dimitrov told reporters at the press conference.
"I'm sure I could have done something different, but in a match everything comes down to a split second", he added.
The Bulgarian registered his best ever performance at a Grand Slam tournament by reaching the quarterfinal. This ensures that he will be in the world's top 20 for the first time, when the new rankings come out.
- » Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova Proceeds to Third Round of Roland Garros
- » CSKA Sofia Claims Bulgarian Cup in Historic Final
- » Two Bulgarian Mountaineers Ascend World's Fifth Highest Peak
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Remains Sole Bulgarian Representative at Roland Garros
- » Tennis: Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face Serbia's Troicki in Postponed Match in Paris Monday
- » Tennis: Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Faces Serbia’s Troicki in Paris Sunday