Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Disappointed by Loss
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov was disappointed by his loss to Rafael Nadal, shedding some tears on the way out of the court.
Dimitrov played some impressive tennis throughout the match, and showed no signs of fearing his experienced opponent. Particularly painful was the 3rd set, where he had three chances to win it, including one on his own serve.
"What can I say? It hurts. Of course I shed a few tears, but it should hurt. Obviously I have to put that in the past", Dimitrov told reporters at the press conference.
"I'm sure I could have done something different, but in a match everything comes down to a split second", he added.
The Bulgarian registered his best ever performance at a Grand Slam tournament by reaching the quarterfinal. This ensures that he will be in the world's top 20 for the first time, when the new rankings come out.
- » Additional Security Measures for Europa League Final in Stockholm Already in Place
- » Antoaneta Boneva Wins Silver Medal at ISSF World Cup in Munich
- » Kubrat Pulev to Fight For IBF Heavyweight title within 10 Months
- » Dimitar Berbatov: 'We are Trying to Surprise People in All Possible Ways'
- » Grigor Dimitrov Only A Step Away From TOP 10
- » Boryana Kaleyn 4th in the Rhythmic Gymnastics All-Around in Portugal