Rafa Nadal: Luck Saved Me in the 3rd Set
The world number 1 tennis player Rafael Nadal praised his opponent Grigor Dimitrov after beating him 3:1 in the quarterfinal of the Australian Open.
"He has everything to become a great champion. There are some similarities with Roger Federer's style, and if he continues to play like this, he will evolve into a top player", said the Spaniard in the post-match interview.
Nadal admitted that he had been rather lucky in the 3rd set, when he was down a set point on three occasions, but managed to win the tie break.
"I was so lucky. Especially on one set point, he missed a forehand, an easy one. The match could have gone in either direction", added the 13-time Grand Slam winner.
Dimitrov remains as the only player to take a set from Nadal in this year's Australian Open.
The Spaniard will next face Andy Murray or Roger Federer.
- » Bulgaria Sends at Least 19 Athletes in the Olympic Games PyongChang `18
- » Official: Manchester United and Arsenal Announced the Swap Deal of Stars
- » Grigor Dimitrov Eliminated at 1/4-final from the Australian Open
- » Grigor Dimitrov will Go Out for the Quarterfinals at the Australian Open on Tuesday
- » Dimitrov Struggled Again but Achieved his Third Victory at the Australian Open
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play Tomorrow Against Russian Tennis Player Andrey Rublev at 6:00