Rafa Nadal: Luck Saved Me in the 3rd Set
The world number 1 tennis player Rafael Nadal praised his opponent Grigor Dimitrov after beating him 3:1 in the quarterfinal of the Australian Open.
"He has everything to become a great champion. There are some similarities with Roger Federer's style, and if he continues to play like this, he will evolve into a top player", said the Spaniard in the post-match interview.
Nadal admitted that he had been rather lucky in the 3rd set, when he was down a set point on three occasions, but managed to win the tie break.
"I was so lucky. Especially on one set point, he missed a forehand, an easy one. The match could have gone in either direction", added the 13-time Grand Slam winner.
Dimitrov remains as the only player to take a set from Nadal in this year's Australian Open.
The Spaniard will next face Andy Murray or Roger Federer.
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Will Have to Pass the Qualifiers of the US Open
- » Levski Signs Former Manchester United Player
- » Levski Sofia is Out and Botev Plovdiv Crushed its Opponent Last Night in Europa League
- » Ludogorets did not Disappoint and Goes to the Next Round
- » Ludogorets Faces Jalgiris Tonight After a Loss in the First Leg in a Battle for the Champions League
- » Football Legend Francesco Totti Confirms Retirement