Some BGN 1 B Invested in Railway Projects: Bulgaria's Transport Min
All railway projects under Bulgaria's Operational Program Transport are in a process of implementation.
The sum total of all OP Transport railway projects amounts to over BGN 1 B, Transport Minister Danail Papazov said Tuesday at the official launch of the Pazardzhik-Stamboliyski section construction.
"Today we lay the foundation of the section between the two towns of Pazardzhik and Stamboliyski. In a month, we will begin the construction of the whole railway line connecting the Southern town of Septemvri to the city of Plovdiv," Minister Papazov told reporters.
According to him, the fares have not been raised in the last four years, despite inflation. Meanwhile, the number of passengers was 3% higher in 2013 compared to the previous year.
Owing to the OP Transport projects, more than BGN 300 M have been invested in the Plovdiv area. The investments will not only improve the railway infrastructure but will open new jobs as well.
- » Amnesty International: Bulgaria Is One of Egypt's Biggest Arms Suppliers
- » Royal Clipper Arrives in Bulgaria’s Varna Port
- » Tourist Trips by Bulgarian Residents Decrease 4.8% Y/Y in Q1 2016
- » World Bank Approves 2017-2022 Partnership Framework for Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Can Use South Stream Project Co.’s Assets in Planned Gas Hub - Energy Minister
- » Assets Managed by Investment Funds in Bulgaria Grow 2.6% Y/Y in March