Some BGN 1 B Invested in Railway Projects: Bulgaria's Transport Min
All railway projects under Bulgaria's Operational Program Transport are in a process of implementation.
The sum total of all OP Transport railway projects amounts to over BGN 1 B, Transport Minister Danail Papazov said Tuesday at the official launch of the Pazardzhik-Stamboliyski section construction.
"Today we lay the foundation of the section between the two towns of Pazardzhik and Stamboliyski. In a month, we will begin the construction of the whole railway line connecting the Southern town of Septemvri to the city of Plovdiv," Minister Papazov told reporters.
According to him, the fares have not been raised in the last four years, despite inflation. Meanwhile, the number of passengers was 3% higher in 2013 compared to the previous year.
Owing to the OP Transport projects, more than BGN 300 M have been invested in the Plovdiv area. The investments will not only improve the railway infrastructure but will open new jobs as well.
- » Bulgarian Govt Proposes to Ban Sale of Two Key Arms Firms
- » AlixPartners Accuse Corpbank Owner of Taking Money from His Bank
- » Receivers Make Public AlixPartners’ Final Report on Bulgaria’s Insolvent KTB
- » Bulgaria Air Adds Weekly Flights to Lisbon, Alicante from Sofia
- » EU Commission Expects Bulgaria's GDP to Grow by 2.4% This Year
- » Bulgaria to Keep Old Tourist Logo As All Proposals Rejected