Some BGN 1 B Invested in Railway Projects: Bulgaria's Transport Min
All railway projects under Bulgaria's Operational Program Transport are in a process of implementation.
The sum total of all OP Transport railway projects amounts to over BGN 1 B, Transport Minister Danail Papazov said Tuesday at the official launch of the Pazardzhik-Stamboliyski section construction.
"Today we lay the foundation of the section between the two towns of Pazardzhik and Stamboliyski. In a month, we will begin the construction of the whole railway line connecting the Southern town of Septemvri to the city of Plovdiv," Minister Papazov told reporters.
According to him, the fares have not been raised in the last four years, despite inflation. Meanwhile, the number of passengers was 3% higher in 2013 compared to the previous year.
Owing to the OP Transport projects, more than BGN 300 M have been invested in the Plovdiv area. The investments will not only improve the railway infrastructure but will open new jobs as well.
- » French Companies 'Could Move China-Based Plants to Bulgaria' - EconMin
- » Bulgaria, Romania Plan Opening Joint Tourist Centre in China
- » Minister: Drop of Russian Tourists to Be Compensated by European Visitors
- » France's Total Signs Framework Deal to Enhance Education at Two Bulgarian Universities
- » Foreign Direct Investment in Bulgaria Down 6.9% Y/Y in Jan-Feb 2015
- » Israel Offers Bulgaria Collaboration on Medical Cannabis R&D