Bulgaria Extradites Two Men in Dutch Benefit Fraud Case
Bulgaria has extradited two men aged 40 and 42 for their roles in a major benefit fraud ring in the Netherlands.
The fraud was revealed last year following an investigation carried out by RTL news.
It was discovered that gangs of Bulgarians were sending foreign nationals to Rotterdam to write non-existent people into council registers and then claim housing and healthcare benefits on their behalf.
The two men are alleged to have recruited people to apply for benefits in the Netherlands.
They were arrested at the end of November and brought to the Netherlands earlier this month, where they have been remanded in custody.
- » ECHR Sentences Bulgaria over Violation of Inmates' Right to Free Speech
- » Bulgarian Defense Ministry Officials under Abeyance Probe
- » Aghan Man Blamed for Bulgarian Flag Desecration to Stay in Custody
- » Nineteen Migrants Indicted in Bulgaria over Harmanli Riots
- » 30% of Women in Bulgaria Victims of Violence
- » 110 Kg of Marijuana Discovered at Danube Bridge 2