Bulgaria Extradites Two Men in Dutch Benefit Fraud Case
Bulgaria has extradited two men aged 40 and 42 for their roles in a major benefit fraud ring in the Netherlands.
The fraud was revealed last year following an investigation carried out by RTL news.
It was discovered that gangs of Bulgarians were sending foreign nationals to Rotterdam to write non-existent people into council registers and then claim housing and healthcare benefits on their behalf.
The two men are alleged to have recruited people to apply for benefits in the Netherlands.
They were arrested at the end of November and brought to the Netherlands earlier this month, where they have been remanded in custody.
- » Court Issues Life Sentence for Ghastly Murder in Sofia Park
- » Man Shot Dead Near Downtown Sofia
- » Sofia Court Stops Unlawful Wiretapping Case against Former Interior Minister
- » Businessman Veselin Mareshki Facing Year in Jail for Hitting Varna Official
- » 5 Bulgarians Arrested in Italy for Illegal Trafficking in Antique Coins
- » 3 Bulgarians Arrested in Serbia for Human Trafficking