Bulgaria Extradites Two Men in Dutch Benefit Fraud Case
Bulgaria has extradited two men aged 40 and 42 for their roles in a major benefit fraud ring in the Netherlands.
The fraud was revealed last year following an investigation carried out by RTL news.
It was discovered that gangs of Bulgarians were sending foreign nationals to Rotterdam to write non-existent people into council registers and then claim housing and healthcare benefits on their behalf.
The two men are alleged to have recruited people to apply for benefits in the Netherlands.
They were arrested at the end of November and brought to the Netherlands earlier this month, where they have been remanded in custody.
- » At Least 23 Civilians from One Family were Killed by the US Coalition in Syria Air Strike
- » Police Probe Attempted Arson Against Jewish Chapel in Malmö
- » 15 People were Detained in an Operation of the GDBOP in Veliko Tarnovo
- » Illegal Cigarette Factory with Workers from Bulgaria and Ukraine was Discovered in Spain
- » Swedish Police Bust International Begging Ring
- » Six were Killed in a Bomb Attack in Pakistan