Markets for Bulgarian Goods to Open in Black Sea, Danube Areas
Bulgarian Agriculture Minister Dimitar Grekov has recommended more incentives to the development of small and medium-sized producers as an instrument for emerging from the crisis.
Grekov met Tuesday with representatives of the Made in Bulgaria Union at the Ministry of Agriculture and Food.
He was adamant that increasing local production both on the Bulgarian and the international markets was a priority for the government.
Grekov, as cited by the press service of the Agriculture Ministry, noted that Bulgaria had to develop agriculture because 20% of its population was involved n the sector.
He claimed that establishing the reputation of Bulgarian goods would boost farmers' incomes and create more jobs in the sector of agriculture.
Grekov pointed out that Bulgaria was popular all over the world for high-quality foods and their wonderful taste qualities
"Despite the fact that the products are known to us, we need round-the-clock advertising, taking into account the serious competition on the market. We need aggressive promotion which will underscore the advantages of domestic goods," Bulgaria's Agriculture Minister said.
He reminded that boosting the competitiveness of small and medium-sized farms would be a priority in the new programming period.
"Apart from the special measures under the Rural Development Program, they will also be stimulated with additional payments for the first hectares," he explained.
Grekov also made clear that commodity exchanges were to be opened along the Black Sea coast and the Danube in a bid to support producers.
- » Computer Problems Cause Flight Delays: British Airways
- » Pope Francis Sends Message of Health and Prosperity to Bulgarian People
- » Bulgaria's External Debt Lowest as of Decade
- » Parliament Approves Resignation of BSP MP Kiril Dobrev
- » 2 Border Officers Detained in Operation Against Illegal Migration at Sofia Airport
- » Dimitar Margaritov, CPC: Dropping of Roaming Should not Affect Tariffs of Mobile Operators