Dangerous Chemicals Found in Bulgarian Polimeri Plant
Mercury compounds and potassium cyanide were found in Bulgaria's Polimeri Devnya plant laboratory.
The eco inspectors have given the plant management 10 days to remove the dangerous substances, according to Valentin Yordanov, mayor of Devnya.
Polimeri plant owner Nikolay Banev will have to release the installation and to sell the Dichloroethane in 10 days, as well.
The chemical plant which was declared bankrupt has been storing chemicals longer than the legal time limit.
Earlier in January, there was a case of Dichloroethane leakage in the Polimeri plant, which led to the declaration of partial state of alert which is still in force.
The aim is to manage the ecological disaster risks and to assure public safety.
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds in All Regions
- » Weather Alert Issued throughout Bulgaria over Heavy Snow
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Ice on Roads in Several Regions
- » Greece Hit by 5-Magniture Earthquake
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds
- » Trump's Election Casts Doubt Over Paris Environmental Agreement