EU Funds 63.8% Absorbed: Bulgaria's Deputy PM
Some 63.89% of EU funds have been absorbed, Bulgaria's Deputy PM and Justice Minister Zinaida Zlatanova told reporters.
"EU legislative framework has been delayed which has slowed down Bulgaria's legislative framework as well," Zlatanova told at a discussion organized by Trud Daily.
"The plan under the OP Environment has been prepared, the problematic projects have been identified. We are looking for a solution that would reduce the damage to a minimum, it is our goal to keep the EU funds in Bulgaria,"said Spiridon Aleksandrov of Operational Program Environment.
"The EU funds need to be a subject of a professional study. More than 1,000 beneficiaries were involved in the analysis. We must comply as much as possible with the recipients of EU funding in this programming period," Vice PM Zlatanova stressed.
"Clearly, when dealing with public funding, it should be subject to strict rules and procedures. We will not tolerate anyone who abuses or mismanages EU funds,"
"The greater freedom and the less bureaucracy come with greater responsibility by the recipients. I trust in their thoroughness," Zlatanova noted.
- » Sofia Seeks to Headquarter European Medicines Agency
- » European Parliament Increases Financing for Bulgaria in EU Budget 2017
- » Creditors To Be Able To Demand Freezing of Accounts of Creditors Abroad
- » European Funds Contribute to 4% Increase of Bulgaria's GDP for 2015
- » EU Wants Bulgaria to Explain Allegations against Fisheries Agency Head
- » Bulgaria Govt Approves CETA Trade Deal
"We will not tolerate anyone who abuses or mismanages EU funds"
What a joke to hear this from a minister of Justice! There is complete impunity for these people, also today. More, they have high protection!
These people cannot survive in their business without cheating. And those from the young generation who could do it better don't have any chances because these cheaters stay in place.