EU Funds 63.8% Absorbed: Bulgaria's Deputy PM
Some 63.89% of EU funds have been absorbed, Bulgaria's Deputy PM and Justice Minister Zinaida Zlatanova told reporters.
"EU legislative framework has been delayed which has slowed down Bulgaria's legislative framework as well," Zlatanova told at a discussion organized by Trud Daily.
"The plan under the OP Environment has been prepared, the problematic projects have been identified. We are looking for a solution that would reduce the damage to a minimum, it is our goal to keep the EU funds in Bulgaria,"said Spiridon Aleksandrov of Operational Program Environment.
"The EU funds need to be a subject of a professional study. More than 1,000 beneficiaries were involved in the analysis. We must comply as much as possible with the recipients of EU funding in this programming period," Vice PM Zlatanova stressed.
"Clearly, when dealing with public funding, it should be subject to strict rules and procedures. We will not tolerate anyone who abuses or mismanages EU funds,"
"The greater freedom and the less bureaucracy come with greater responsibility by the recipients. I trust in their thoroughness," Zlatanova noted.
- » Bulgaria's Election Watchdog Confirms Petar Kurumbashev Will Be MEP
- » Austria's Chancellor Accuses Eastern Europe of 'Exporting Unemployment'
- » 170 Participants in Competition for Bulgaria's EU Presidency Logo
- » Europe Braces for Tectonic Shifts - PES Leader
- » EU 'Only Viable Project Helping Bulgaria' - Deputy PM
- » Bulgaria in Unprecedented Situation after Georgieva's EU Commission Departure
"We will not tolerate anyone who abuses or mismanages EU funds"
What a joke to hear this from a minister of Justice! There is complete impunity for these people, also today. More, they have high protection!
These people cannot survive in their business without cheating. And those from the young generation who could do it better don't have any chances because these cheaters stay in place.