Grigor Dimitrov's Victorious Racket Kept in Maxim Behar's Office
A cult racket of Bulgaria's best tennis player Grigor Dimitrov is kept in a special showcase in the office of PR expert Maxim Behar in Sofia.
The racket was the one Dimitrov triumphed with in his winning set over top tennisist Rafael Nadal, and then throughout his victorious match with Tomas Berdych at the tournament in Rotterdam in February 2009.
Four years ago, in January 2010, Mr. Behar bought the racket at a charity auction of the Bulgarian Business Leaders Forum (BBLF), making it the most expensive item sold that evening.
A week later, Grigor Dimitrov sent a special handwritten thank you letter to Mr. Behar which is now part of his office exhibition.
"My colleagues walk by the racket every day. It symbolizes Bulgarian resilience and strength, we just need to believe in ourselves," the PR expert said. He is willing to buy Dimitrov's current Australian Open racket regardless of its price and to donate the money to charity again.
Maxim Behar will donate a unique automatic Christ Mechanik watch in pink gold at the upcoming BBLF annual ball on 27 January.
Bulgaria's leading PR expert wore the watch at his meetings with Pope John Paul II and Prince Charles and on the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival in 2011 where he was the first Bulgarian to ever attend the event.
- » Cyprus Returns Smuggled Jewellery Items to Bulgaria
- » Maglizh Ammo Plant Blast Caused by Breakdown - Interior Ministry
- » Bulgarian Ammo Plant Blast Leaves 1 Dead, 3 Wounded, Officials Confirm
- » Bulgarian MPs Pass BGN 3 B Healthcare Budget
- » Protesters Demand Resignation of Bulgaria's Finance Minister
- » Man Presumed Dead After Blast at Bulgarian Hunting Ammo Factory