Bulgarians to Wake Up Early for Dimitrov-Nadal Clash
Bulgarian tennis fans will have to wake up early on Wednesday morning to watch live the keenly awaited clash between Grigor Dimitrov and top-ranked Rafael Nadal at the Australian Open.
The match will start at 5 am Bulgarian time.
Nadal advanced to the quarterfinals of the Australian Open after a 7-6 (3), 7-5, 7-6 (3) win over Kei Nishikori of Japan.
The 22-year-old Bulgarian star advanced to his first Grand Slam quarterfinal in his 14th attempt after beating Roberto Bautista Agut 6-3, 3-6, 6-2, 6-4 at the Australian Open on Monday.
He clinched the match by breaking Bautista Agut's serve for the fourth time.
Dimitrov, who beat No. 11 Milos Raonic in the third round, will next face Rafael Nadal in the last eight on Wednesday.
The 22-year-old Bulgarian's breakthrough win came on the same day his girlfriend, Maria Sharapova, lost her fourth-round match to Dominika Cibulkova.
- » At Least 110 Bulgarians to Compete in European Games 2015
- » Skiers Speak Out Against FIS Reaction to Dangerous Race Conditions
- » Anna Fenninger Records Second Victory at Ski World Cup in Bansko
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Drops Out of ATP Top Ten
- » Anna Fenninger Wins Alpine Skiing World Cup Combined Race in Bansko
- » Fenninger Wins First Run of World Cup Ladies Combined in Bansko