Bulgarians to Wake Up Early for Dimitrov-Nadal Clash
Bulgarian tennis fans will have to wake up early on Wednesday morning to watch live the keenly awaited clash between Grigor Dimitrov and top-ranked Rafael Nadal at the Australian Open.
The match will start at 5 am Bulgarian time.
Nadal advanced to the quarterfinals of the Australian Open after a 7-6 (3), 7-5, 7-6 (3) win over Kei Nishikori of Japan.
The 22-year-old Bulgarian star advanced to his first Grand Slam quarterfinal in his 14th attempt after beating Roberto Bautista Agut 6-3, 3-6, 6-2, 6-4 at the Australian Open on Monday.
He clinched the match by breaking Bautista Agut's serve for the fourth time.
Dimitrov, who beat No. 11 Milos Raonic in the third round, will next face Rafael Nadal in the last eight on Wednesday.
The 22-year-old Bulgarian's breakthrough win came on the same day his girlfriend, Maria Sharapova, lost her fourth-round match to Dominika Cibulkova.
- » Bulgarian Paralympics Gold Medalist To File Complaint with Discrimination Commission
- » Champions League: Ludogorets Defeated by PSG in Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face 'Nightmare' Schwartzman in Chengdu
- » Uncertainty over Bulgarian National Coach's Move to Dinamo Zagreb
- » Bulgarian Women's Volleyball Team Qualifies for Eurovolley
- » Bulgaria Ranks 60th as Rio Paralympics End