Flu Epidemic Declared for Sofia Region
A flu epidemic has been declared Tuesday throughout the Sofia region, announced Dr. Alexander Zlatanov, Director of the Regional Health Inspectorate.
The news was reported by the Bulgarian news agency BGNES.
Incidences of flu and acute respiratory infections in the Sofia region have reached 318 per thousand.
"The data give us reason to declare a flu epidemic throughout the Sofia region effective January 21 with all the ensuing epidemiological measures and suspension of school classes for seven calendar days," said Dr. Zlatanov.
- » Health Minister is Preparing New Health Insurance Model
- » Municipal Hospitals are Planning New Protests
- » Dentists Urge the State to Fund the Treatment of Children, Pregnant Women and Emergency Cases
- » About 10% of the Schools in the Country do not have an Assigned Nurse
- » Parents Organize a Protest to Save the Children's Cardiology Clinic
- » Prof. Kantardzhiev: Currently, at Least 120,000 People in Bulgaria have the Flu