Flu Epidemic Declared for Sofia Region
A flu epidemic has been declared Tuesday throughout the Sofia region, announced Dr. Alexander Zlatanov, Director of the Regional Health Inspectorate.
The news was reported by the Bulgarian news agency BGNES.
Incidences of flu and acute respiratory infections in the Sofia region have reached 318 per thousand.
"The data give us reason to declare a flu epidemic throughout the Sofia region effective January 21 with all the ensuing epidemiological measures and suspension of school classes for seven calendar days," said Dr. Zlatanov.
- » Varna Hospital To Transplant Stem Cells For Leukaemia Treatment
- » At Least BGN 0.5B More Needed for Healthcare in 2015 – Expert
- » Bulgaria's Chief Health Inspector: Ebola Threat Is Not Imminent
- » Medical Union Demands Update Of Health Insurance Fund Budget Update
- » Up to 4% Price Hike of Over-the-counter Drugs Expected in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Among Countries with Lowest Flu Vaccination Coverage