Flu Epidemic Declared for Sofia Region
A flu epidemic has been declared Tuesday throughout the Sofia region, announced Dr. Alexander Zlatanov, Director of the Regional Health Inspectorate.
The news was reported by the Bulgarian news agency BGNES.
Incidences of flu and acute respiratory infections in the Sofia region have reached 318 per thousand.
"The data give us reason to declare a flu epidemic throughout the Sofia region effective January 21 with all the ensuing epidemiological measures and suspension of school classes for seven calendar days," said Dr. Zlatanov.
- » Bird Flu: 63 Locations of Infections in Bulgaria
- » Flu Epidemic Declared in Two Bulgarian Towns
- » Flu Epidemic Starts 20-30 Days Earlier Than Predicted in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Hosts 3rd Global Summit for Preemies
- » Bulgarian MPs Keep Health Insurance Contribution at 8%
- » High Blood Pressure Medications Free-of-Charge As Of New Year