Flu Epidemic Declared for Sofia Region
A flu epidemic has been declared Tuesday throughout the Sofia region, announced Dr. Alexander Zlatanov, Director of the Regional Health Inspectorate.
The news was reported by the Bulgarian news agency BGNES.
Incidences of flu and acute respiratory infections in the Sofia region have reached 318 per thousand.
"The data give us reason to declare a flu epidemic throughout the Sofia region effective January 21 with all the ensuing epidemiological measures and suspension of school classes for seven calendar days," said Dr. Zlatanov.
- » Bulgaria Spends Most Funds Allocated to Healthcare on Hospitals
- » 60% of Calls to 112 Emergency Phone Number in 2014 Were Unjustified
- » 58% of Settlements in Bulgaria to Access Emergency Care in 20 Minutes by 2020
- » Healthcare in Bulgaria Ranks Among Poorest in Europe
- » Bulgarian City Clinic to Invest BGN 200 M in Construction of Three Hospitals
- » Less than Half of Bulgarians Have Access to Emergency Medical Services within 30 Minutes