Flu Epidemic Declared for Sofia Region
A flu epidemic has been declared Tuesday throughout the Sofia region, announced Dr. Alexander Zlatanov, Director of the Regional Health Inspectorate.
The news was reported by the Bulgarian news agency BGNES.
Incidences of flu and acute respiratory infections in the Sofia region have reached 318 per thousand.
"The data give us reason to declare a flu epidemic throughout the Sofia region effective January 21 with all the ensuing epidemiological measures and suspension of school classes for seven calendar days," said Dr. Zlatanov.
- » 600 Thousand Bulgarians Suffer from Diabetes – Expert
- » Bulgaria’s National Health Insurance Fund Seeks Budget Update by BGN 100 M
- » Flu Epidemic Most Likely To Peak In January – February
- » Heart Disease Remains Leading Cause of Death in Bulgaria
- » 19% of Bulgarians Paid No Health Insurance Contributions in 2013
- » 400 Doctors Left Bulgaria to Work Overseas since January