Flu Epidemic Declared for Sofia Region
A flu epidemic has been declared Tuesday throughout the Sofia region, announced Dr. Alexander Zlatanov, Director of the Regional Health Inspectorate.
The news was reported by the Bulgarian news agency BGNES.
Incidences of flu and acute respiratory infections in the Sofia region have reached 318 per thousand.
"The data give us reason to declare a flu epidemic throughout the Sofia region effective January 21 with all the ensuing epidemiological measures and suspension of school classes for seven calendar days," said Dr. Zlatanov.
- » Bulgaria Ranks among Europe's Worst Healthcare Spenders
- » Bulgaria FinMin Downplays Fiscal Benefit of 'Junk Food' Tax Bill
- » 'Junk Food' Tax in Bulgaria Might Range from 3 to 78% - Health Min
- » Salaries in Bulgaria’s Emergency Care Sector to Go Up by 20% as of Jan 2015
- » 3% of Bulgaria’s Population Have No Access to Emergency Medial Service
- » Bulgaria’s Health Minister Proposes to Introduce 'Junk Food' Tax