Excessive Dust Levels Registered in 15 Bulgarian Towns
Above-norm concentration of dust particles was registered in 15 Bulgarian towns on Sunday, according to data of the Executive Environment Agency (ExEA).
The highest level of air pollution was registered in the northwestern city of Vidin and in the region of Sofia's Orlov Most (Eagle's Bridge) and Sofia's residential district of Hipodruma.
The launch of a winter street cleaning by the Sofia Municipality did not contribute much to the reduction of the concentration dust particles in Bulgaria's capital, according to reports of mediapool.bg.
Above-norm concentrations of fine dust particles were registered in Nesebar, Varna, Gorna Oryahovitsa, Vratsa, Vidin, Pernik, Pleven, Lovech, Plovdiv, Ruse, Smolyan, Sofia, Stara Zagora, Sliven and Dimitrovgrad, the levels being 1.03 to 4.94 times above the daily average values.
On Saturday, above-norm concentrations of fine dust particles amounted to 1.12 to 3.44 times above the norm, the highest levels registered in Sofia's Pavlovo district.
Lower concentrations of fine dust particles were measured on Friday, at 1.11 to 2.41 times above the norms, the highest levels registered in Varna, at the Batak automatic air quality monitoring stations.
- » Hot in Some Places in the Afternoon in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures Reaching 25°C to 30°C
- » Moderate Magnetic Storm will Reach Earth
- » Powerful Earthquake in Romania
- » The Coming Days in Bulgaria: Sun until Noon, do not Forget the Umbrella in the Afternoon
- » Sunny and Warm Weather Forecast For Bulgaria Today, Rain and Thunder in the Afternoon
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Maximum Temperatures Between 26C° and 31°C