Hometown Presents Bulgaria's Pironkova with Treasure Replica
The best Bulgarian female tennis player, Tzvetana Pironkova was presented with a replica of the Panagyurishte treasure during an official ceremony in her hometown Plovdiv, Monday.
"The youngest honorary citizen of Plovdiv is its greatest advertisement worldwide," mayor Ivan Totev said for the journalists.
Totev congratulated Pironkova on winning her first ever WTA title at the Sydney International tournament.
The top female tennis player congratulated Grigor Dimitrov on reaching Grand Slam Quarterfinal, saying it was her dream tournament, as well.
The ceremony was attended by the Vice President of the Bulgarian Tennis Federation Georgi Krumov, who has also praised the great success of Pironkova.
The next great challenge Pironkova is facing is the Tournament in Budapest in 10 days, followed by the qualification rounds in Doha and Dubai.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Triumphed in the Final Season Tournament in London! (Updated)
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Now 3rd in the World Ranking
- » Dimitar Berbatov's Adventure in India Begins Today
- » Ibrahimovic Could Play at World Cup 2018
- » WADA Refused to Return Russia's Rights
- » Anthony Ivanov will Swim for a University in Alabama