Hometown Presents Bulgaria's Pironkova with Treasure Replica
The best Bulgarian female tennis player, Tzvetana Pironkova was presented with a replica of the Panagyurishte treasure during an official ceremony in her hometown Plovdiv, Monday.
"The youngest honorary citizen of Plovdiv is its greatest advertisement worldwide," mayor Ivan Totev said for the journalists.
Totev congratulated Pironkova on winning her first ever WTA title at the Sydney International tournament.
The top female tennis player congratulated Grigor Dimitrov on reaching Grand Slam Quarterfinal, saying it was her dream tournament, as well.
The ceremony was attended by the Vice President of the Bulgarian Tennis Federation Georgi Krumov, who has also praised the great success of Pironkova.
The next great challenge Pironkova is facing is the Tournament in Budapest in 10 days, followed by the qualification rounds in Doha and Dubai.
- » Bulgarian Boxers Scoop 4 Gold Titles at Strandzha Tournament
- » Bulgaria's New Rhythmic Gymnastics Ensemble Scoops 1st Title
- » March Honouring Pro-Nazi General Held Despite Sofia Mayor Ban
- » Goffin Defeats Dimitrov in Rotterdam, Ending His Series of Victories
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Denis Istomin at Rotterdam ATP 500 Second Round
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Defeats Mischa Zverev in Rotterdam