Hometown Presents Bulgaria's Pironkova with Treasure Replica
The best Bulgarian female tennis player, Tzvetana Pironkova was presented with a replica of the Panagyurishte treasure during an official ceremony in her hometown Plovdiv, Monday.
"The youngest honorary citizen of Plovdiv is its greatest advertisement worldwide," mayor Ivan Totev said for the journalists.
Totev congratulated Pironkova on winning her first ever WTA title at the Sydney International tournament.
The top female tennis player congratulated Grigor Dimitrov on reaching Grand Slam Quarterfinal, saying it was her dream tournament, as well.
The ceremony was attended by the Vice President of the Bulgarian Tennis Federation Georgi Krumov, who has also praised the great success of Pironkova.
The next great challenge Pironkova is facing is the Tournament in Budapest in 10 days, followed by the qualification rounds in Doha and Dubai.
- » Bulgarian Appointed as Coach of Maldives National Football Team
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Andy Murray in Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Baghdatis, Reaches Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Crashes Out of Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds to Third Round in Melbourne
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Defeats Heather Watson in Australian Open First Round