Sharapova on Grigor: I Hope He Stays as Long as Possible
Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov's breakthrough win at Australian Open 2014 came on the same day his girlfriend, Maria Sharapova, lost her fourth-round match to Dominika Cibulkova.
Asked if she will stick around to watch boyfriend Grigor Dimitrov, who is into the quarter-finals, Sharapova said:
"You know what? I hope he stays as long as possible. I'm not sure what my travelling schedule is at the moment.”
Bulgaria's best tennis player Grigor Dimitrov advanced to his first Grand Slam quarterfinal in his 14th attempt after beating Roberto Bautista Agut 6-3, 3-6, 6-2, 6-4 at the Australian Open on Monday.
He clinched the match by breaking Bautista Agut's serve for the fourth time.
Dimitrov, who beat No. 11 Milos Raonic in the third round, will next face Rafael Nadal in the last eight on Wednesday.
- » Champions League: Ludogorets Defeated by PSG in Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face 'Nightmare' Schwartzman in Chengdu
- » Uncertainty over Bulgarian National Coach's Move to Dinamo Zagreb
- » Bulgarian Women's Volleyball Team Qualifies for Eurovolley
- » Bulgaria Ranks 60th as Rio Paralympics End
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Goes Up ATP Ranking Again