Sharapova on Grigor: I Hope He Stays as Long as Possible
Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov's breakthrough win at Australian Open 2014 came on the same day his girlfriend, Maria Sharapova, lost her fourth-round match to Dominika Cibulkova.
Asked if she will stick around to watch boyfriend Grigor Dimitrov, who is into the quarter-finals, Sharapova said:
"You know what? I hope he stays as long as possible. I'm not sure what my travelling schedule is at the moment.”
Bulgaria's best tennis player Grigor Dimitrov advanced to his first Grand Slam quarterfinal in his 14th attempt after beating Roberto Bautista Agut 6-3, 3-6, 6-2, 6-4 at the Australian Open on Monday.
He clinched the match by breaking Bautista Agut's serve for the fourth time.
Dimitrov, who beat No. 11 Milos Raonic in the third round, will next face Rafael Nadal in the last eight on Wednesday.
- » Additional Security Measures for Europa League Final in Stockholm Already in Place
- » Antoaneta Boneva Wins Silver Medal at ISSF World Cup in Munich
- » Kubrat Pulev to Fight For IBF Heavyweight title within 10 Months
- » Dimitar Berbatov: 'We are Trying to Surprise People in All Possible Ways'
- » Grigor Dimitrov Only A Step Away From TOP 10
- » Boryana Kaleyn 4th in the Rhythmic Gymnastics All-Around in Portugal