Sharapova on Grigor: I Hope He Stays as Long as Possible
Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov's breakthrough win at Australian Open 2014 came on the same day his girlfriend, Maria Sharapova, lost her fourth-round match to Dominika Cibulkova.
Asked if she will stick around to watch boyfriend Grigor Dimitrov, who is into the quarter-finals, Sharapova said:
"You know what? I hope he stays as long as possible. I'm not sure what my travelling schedule is at the moment.”
Bulgaria's best tennis player Grigor Dimitrov advanced to his first Grand Slam quarterfinal in his 14th attempt after beating Roberto Bautista Agut 6-3, 3-6, 6-2, 6-4 at the Australian Open on Monday.
He clinched the match by breaking Bautista Agut's serve for the fourth time.
Dimitrov, who beat No. 11 Milos Raonic in the third round, will next face Rafael Nadal in the last eight on Wednesday.
- » Novak Djokovic will Not Play Again in 2017
- » Ludogorets's Road to Europe goes through Israel
- » It is Official Cristiano Ronaldo is Staying at Bernabeu
- » Grigor Dimitrov Remains Among the Top 10 in the World Tennis
- » Daniel Ivanov-Aoiyama Finishes 2nd in the Final of Nagoya Sumo Tournamen
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Will Have to Pass the Qualifiers of the US Open