Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov to Face Nadal at Australian Open Quarterfinals
Top-ranked Rafael Nadal has advanced to the quarterfinals of the Australian Open after a 7-6 (3), 7-5, 7-6 (3) win over Kei Nishikori of Japan.
Nadal will play 22-year-old Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov on Wednesday.
Bulgaria's best tennis player Grigor Dimitrov advanced to his first Grand Slam quarterfinal in his 14th attempt after beating Roberto Bautista Agut 6-3, 3-6, 6-2, 6-4 at the Australian Open on Monday.
He clinched the match by breaking Bautista Agut's serve for the fourth time.
Dimitrov, who beat No. 11 Milos Raonic in the third round, will next face Rafael Nadal in the last eight on Wednesday.
The 22-year-old Bulgarian's breakthrough win came on the same day his girlfriend, Maria Sharapova, lost her fourth-round match to Dominika Cibulkova.
- » Bulgaria's Oldest Football Derby Celebrates Centenary
- » Stoichkov Donates Ballon d'Or, Golden Shoe Replicas to CSKA Sofia Museum
- » Bulgaria's CSKA, Levski Have Last Chance to Repay Debts, Secure Licences
- » John Isner Beats Grigor Dimitrov 7-6 6-2 in Miami Masters
- » Bulgarian Declared Best Libero as Zenit Wins Volleyball Champions League
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds With Ease to Third Round in Miami