Bulgaria's Dimitrov Looks Forward Clash against Rafael Nadal or Kei Nishikori
Grigor Dimitrov is over the top with joy after reaching his maiden grand slam quarter-final after a four-set victory over Roberto Bautista Agut.
Dimitrov, appearing in his 14th grand slam event, broke the Spaniard four times en route to a 6-3 3-6 6-2 6-4 win.
The No 22 seed fired down 11 aces and hit 38 winners, although 34 unforced errors meant Agut remained in the contest.
The 22-year-old, who beat 11th seed Milos Raonic in the third round, is the first Bulgarian male to reach the last eight of a grand slam.
His reward is a clash against either top-ranked Rafael Nadal or Kei Nishikori and Dimitrov says he is looking forward to it.
- » World Football Elite Expected to Gather in Sofia in June
- » Bulgarian Athlete Becomes New Balkan Cycling Champion
- » Bulgaria's Top Tennis Players Retain WTA, ATP Rankings
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov 'Could Replace Coach'
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Suffers Heavy Defeat in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Overwhelmingly Defeats Wawrinka in Monte Carlo