Bulgaria to Learn New Details of Deadly Attack in Kerbala
Bulgaria's Defense Minister Angel Naydenov is going to present on Monday, January 20, new details from the report on the attack on base "India" in Karbala, Iraq, 10 years ago.
The Ministry of Defense will present the results of the work of an ad-hoc committee that declassified documents which have clarified the circumstances surrounding the deadliest incident with Bulgarian rangers in Iraq.
On December 27, 2003, between 12:45 and 1 pm local time, suicide bombers using automobiles loaded with explosives, conducted three attacks in the Iraqi city of Kerbala.
One of the blasts killed 5 Bulgarian rangers and injured 27.
Those who died on their duty post were Captain Georgi Kachorin, Senior Lieutenant Nikolay Saraev, Senior Sargent Ivan Indzhov, Junior Sargent Anton Petrov, and Private Svilen Kirov.
Minister Anglelov will also present the priorities for his institution for 2014.
- » Bulgaria's Chief of Defense Steps Down over President-Elect
- » Bulgaria's Outgoing Govt Approves BGN 54.6 for MiG-29 Maintenance
- » Bulgaria's Defence Minister Indicted for MiG-29 Contracts for EUR 3,773,000
- » NATO Training To Take Place in Lithuania
- » Bulgaria Purchases MiG-29 Engines from Russia
- » Bulgaria's Govt Sends 10 More Troops to NATO Mission in Kosovo