January Brings Temperature Records, Dense Fog
A temperature record has been registered in Bulgaria's Black Sea town of Ahtopol on Saturday.
At 2 pm Saturday, the mercury in Ahtopol has climbed to 17.5C, reported the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
A number of other locations in the country also enjoyed spring temperatures. In Burgas and Shabla, also on the Black Sea Coast, they reached over 15C, and the same temperature was registered even in the mountain city of Vratsa.
Meanwhile dense fog is in place once again Sunday. It led to the cancellation of two morning flights at Varna airport.
Reduced visibility prevented the flights to Burgas at 5:20 am and to Sofia at 5:40 am from taking off.
Traffic police warn all Bulgarian drivers to exercise extreme caution as dense fog is reported in a number of locations.
- » 73% of Bulgaria's Bathing Waters Were of Excellent Quality in 2014
- » Minor Earthquake Registered in Black Sea Near Bulgaria's Primorsko
- » Code Yellow Issued in Five Bulgarian Municipalities
- » Sofia Picks Griffon Vulture as Its Ugly Animal Mascot
- » Bulgaria's Stara Zagora Citizens Protest Against Minks Farm Construction
- » Torrential Rains and Hail Expected in Bulgaria