Bulgaria's Holy Synod Elects Nevrokop Metropolitan
Bulgaria's Holy Synod is electing Sunday a new Nevrokop Metropolitan.
On Friday evening, the Holy Synod held a special meeting, attended by all members, who heard the report of Vidin Metropolitan Dometian – the senior clergy entrusted with the organization of the election of a new Metropolitan of Nevrokop.
Dometian was temporarily in charge of the Nevrokop eparchy after Metropolitan Natanail passed away in November 2013 and vacated the post.
The mass will begin around 9 pm Sunday. At the same time, the two bishops, who were selected as finalists, will participate in the Holy Liturgy at "Alexander Nevsky" cathedral.
Immediately afterwards Patriarch Neofit will count the votes cast and will announce the outcome of the election. The two bishops will be summoned at the Patriarchal Cathedral.
- » Bulgaria Commemorates 71 Years of Rescue of Jews
- » Dream Theater To Play in Sofia
- » Brits Saved in Bulgaria's Pirin Mountain Rescue Operation
- » Code Yellow Issued in 15 Bulgarian Districts
- » 'Out of Ukraine' Flashmob Held in front of Russian Embassy in Sofia
- » 11-Year-Old Boy Dies in House Explosion in Bulgaria's Sevlievo