Bulgaria's Holy Synod Elects Nevrokop Metropolitan
Bulgaria's Holy Synod is electing Sunday a new Nevrokop Metropolitan.
On Friday evening, the Holy Synod held a special meeting, attended by all members, who heard the report of Vidin Metropolitan Dometian – the senior clergy entrusted with the organization of the election of a new Metropolitan of Nevrokop.
Dometian was temporarily in charge of the Nevrokop eparchy after Metropolitan Natanail passed away in November 2013 and vacated the post.
The mass will begin around 9 pm Sunday. At the same time, the two bishops, who were selected as finalists, will participate in the Holy Liturgy at "Alexander Nevsky" cathedral.
Immediately afterwards Patriarch Neofit will count the votes cast and will announce the outcome of the election. The two bishops will be summoned at the Patriarchal Cathedral.
- » Nationalists Attack Ukrainian Anti-Night Wolves Demo in Bulgaria's Burgas
- » Rainfall, Winds Expected in Bulgaria on Wednesday
- » Search Team Finds Dead Body of Missing Young Man in Bulgaria’s Maritsa River
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Provides BGN 26 M to Municipalities for Education
- » Body of Girl Found Nearly Month After She Went Missing in Danube River Near Bulgaria's Silistra
- » Man Dies After Pursuit with Police in Bulgaria's Plovdiv