5 Bulgarians Arrested in Greece over Baby Trafficking Scheme
A total of seven, including five Bulgarians, were arrested in Greece on charges of baby trafficking.
The police operation prevented the illegal adoption of a 10-day baby in a deal worth EUR 5000, according to a statement of the police department in Larissa, as cited by the Focus news agency.
According to local authorities, a 62-year-old Greek national tried to conduct an illegal adoption with the assistance of a lawyer from Volos.
The pregnant woman was found in Bulgaria and was coaxed into giving birth at a Volos-based hospital.
After the arrest of the lawyer and the Bulgarian accomplices, police found documents for four other illegal adoptions.
- » Turkey Arrests 4 People Over Explosion at Tupras Refinery
- » 73-year-old Man gave BGN 100 000 to Telephone Scammers in Sofia
- » The Police Arrested a Commander from Islamic State in Special Operation in Sofia (Video)
- » Police Chief in Plovdiv Detained on Suspicion for Involvement in Telephone Fraud
- » Bulgarian Crooks who Posed as Masters Games Athletes Jailed 8 Months For Bank Fraud
- » The Police Captured the Bulgarian Woman who had Escaped from Prison in Rome