5 Bulgarians Arrested in Greece over Baby Trafficking Scheme
A total of seven, including five Bulgarians, were arrested in Greece on charges of baby trafficking.
The police operation prevented the illegal adoption of a 10-day baby in a deal worth EUR 5000, according to a statement of the police department in Larissa, as cited by the Focus news agency.
According to local authorities, a 62-year-old Greek national tried to conduct an illegal adoption with the assistance of a lawyer from Volos.
The pregnant woman was found in Bulgaria and was coaxed into giving birth at a Volos-based hospital.
After the arrest of the lawyer and the Bulgarian accomplices, police found documents for four other illegal adoptions.
- » Bulgarian Police Arrest 11 Customs Officers
- » Seven Arrested in Bulgaria’s Pazardzhik, Plovdiv for Preaching Radical Islam on Facebook
- » Bulgarian Living in US Detained over Death Threats on EU Officials
- » Ex Svilengrad Customs Office Chief Released on Bail
- » Bulgarian Police Busts Burglary Ring
- » Secretary of Bulgarian Anti-Human Trafficking Commission Charged with Corruption