Moldovan Ship Detained in Bulgaria's Burgas Port
A ship sailing under Moldova's flag has been detained in the major Bulgarian Black Sea port of Burgas on grounds of breaching the international Maritime Labor Convention.
The news of the arrest, which occured on Thursday, was first reported by the Bulgarian National Radio Saturday.
Bulgaria's state Maritime Administration agency made the move after two sailors filed a complaint for unpaid wages.
"The vessel will be held until the owner pays out due wages, or until a court honors an appeal filed by him," said Capt Zhivko Kolev from the Maritime Administration.
The Bulgarian National Radio recalls that a ship from Georgia has been under arrest at Burgas Port for more than a year, again on grounds of overdue wages.
- » Fourteen Employees at Gorni Lom Plant During Explosion - Witnesses
- » Balkan Holidays Adds 4 Belfast-Burgas Flights for Summer 2015
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Govt Approves Draft Update of Budget 2014
- » Bulgarian, Ukrainian Chambers of Commerce, Industry Ink Cooperation Agreement
- » Energy Watchdog Approves Electricity Price Hike
- » President Plevneliev: Bulgaria's Trade with Germany Increased by 64% in 2009-2013