Moldovan Ship Detained in Bulgaria's Burgas Port
A ship sailing under Moldova's flag has been detained in the major Bulgarian Black Sea port of Burgas on grounds of breaching the international Maritime Labor Convention.
The news of the arrest, which occured on Thursday, was first reported by the Bulgarian National Radio Saturday.
Bulgaria's state Maritime Administration agency made the move after two sailors filed a complaint for unpaid wages.
"The vessel will be held until the owner pays out due wages, or until a court honors an appeal filed by him," said Capt Zhivko Kolev from the Maritime Administration.
The Bulgarian National Radio recalls that a ship from Georgia has been under arrest at Burgas Port for more than a year, again on grounds of overdue wages.
- » Bank of America Chooses Between Frankfurt and Paris for a New European Trade Hub
- » Walmart and Google are Uniting Against Amazon
- » Bulgaria can Now Export Plant Products to Vietnam
- » Plovdiv Municipality is Seeking For Director of Tourism
- » Bulgaria and Romania Want 3rd Bridge Between the Countries
- » Bulgarian Ministry of Economy: 'Kremikovtsi is the Worst Privatization Deal Ever'