Moldovan Ship Detained in Bulgaria's Burgas Port
A ship sailing under Moldova's flag has been detained in the major Bulgarian Black Sea port of Burgas on grounds of breaching the international Maritime Labor Convention.
The news of the arrest, which occured on Thursday, was first reported by the Bulgarian National Radio Saturday.
Bulgaria's state Maritime Administration agency made the move after two sailors filed a complaint for unpaid wages.
"The vessel will be held until the owner pays out due wages, or until a court honors an appeal filed by him," said Capt Zhivko Kolev from the Maritime Administration.
The Bulgarian National Radio recalls that a ship from Georgia has been under arrest at Burgas Port for more than a year, again on grounds of overdue wages.
- » China's Largest State-owned Nuclear Power Company is Interested in Belene NPP
- » Bulgaria Launches Natural Gas Hub Project with EU Support
- » About 1.2 million Foreign Tourists Visited Bulgaria During the Winter Season
- » Germany Continues to Sell Weapons to Turkey
- » Coca-Cola Hires 130 People for its IT Center in Sofia
- » European Energy Forum in Sofia