Moldovan Ship Detained in Bulgaria's Burgas Port
A ship sailing under Moldova's flag has been detained in the major Bulgarian Black Sea port of Burgas on grounds of breaching the international Maritime Labor Convention.
The news of the arrest, which occured on Thursday, was first reported by the Bulgarian National Radio Saturday.
Bulgaria's state Maritime Administration agency made the move after two sailors filed a complaint for unpaid wages.
"The vessel will be held until the owner pays out due wages, or until a court honors an appeal filed by him," said Capt Zhivko Kolev from the Maritime Administration.
The Bulgarian National Radio recalls that a ship from Georgia has been under arrest at Burgas Port for more than a year, again on grounds of overdue wages.
- » Investment Projects in Bulgaria for BGN 800 Million to be Launched
- » The World Bank Predicts Acceleration in the Growth of the Bulgarian Economy
- » Spain Moves to Suspend Autonomy
- » Investments in Bulgaria Halved in the Eight Months of 2017
- » The First Public Auction with Bitcoin to be Held in Italy
- » Twitter is Planning to Impose New Restrictions on Pornographic and Hateful Imagery