Freight Train Goes Off Rails in Bulgaria
A freight train carrying empty liquid containers has derailed overnight near Bulgarian capital Sofia.
No one has been injured during the accident, reported a safety inspector with the Bulgarian state Railroad Infrastructure Company, as quoted by the Focus Information Agency.
Seven cars and the diesel locomotive of the train, which was not loaded, have capsized off track around 10.46 pm Friday night, while the train was traveling between Yana and Musachevo stations near Sofia.
According to initial investigations, the cause for the incident is damage on the railway track caused by an apparent theft of stabilizing elements.
- » Bulgaria's Ombudsman Refers Internet Tracking to Constitutional Court
- » Fire Burned in A Skyscraper Under Construction in Sofia
- » Microsoft Programming Competition Gaining Popularity in Bulgaria
- » 5000 YO Golden Treasure on Display in National History Museum
- » Only 10% of Bulgaria's Disabled People Are Employed
- » Bulgarian Children Suffer from Obesity, Prefer Tv to Sport