Freight Train Goes Off Rails in Bulgaria
A freight train carrying empty liquid containers has derailed overnight near Bulgarian capital Sofia.
No one has been injured during the accident, reported a safety inspector with the Bulgarian state Railroad Infrastructure Company, as quoted by the Focus Information Agency.
Seven cars and the diesel locomotive of the train, which was not loaded, have capsized off track around 10.46 pm Friday night, while the train was traveling between Yana and Musachevo stations near Sofia.
According to initial investigations, the cause for the incident is damage on the railway track caused by an apparent theft of stabilizing elements.
- » Unknown Man Attacked People in a Polish Store with a Knife, 1 Dead and 9 Injured
- » Over 200 000 Bulgarian Children Live Abroad
- » Theodore Ushev Received the Order "Chevalier of Arts and Culture" of France
- » Five Brands of Butter on the Bulgarian Market Have Violations in Their Composition (Picture)
- » From 2019, Bulgaria will Vote Electronically in all Elections
- » The Municipality of Sofia will Plant a Forest near Suhodol