Freight Train Goes Off Rails in Bulgaria
A freight train carrying empty liquid containers has derailed overnight near Bulgarian capital Sofia.
No one has been injured during the accident, reported a safety inspector with the Bulgarian state Railroad Infrastructure Company, as quoted by the Focus Information Agency.
Seven cars and the diesel locomotive of the train, which was not loaded, have capsized off track around 10.46 pm Friday night, while the train was traveling between Yana and Musachevo stations near Sofia.
According to initial investigations, the cause for the incident is damage on the railway track caused by an apparent theft of stabilizing elements.
- » People in Bourgas are Protesting Against the Air Pollution in the City
- » Drunk Passenger Forced a Plane from Poland to Egypt to Make an Emergency Landing in Sofia
- » 17 People were Injured in a Railway Accident in Slovakia
- » For the next school year, half of the schools will have lockers
- » Electric pillar fell on children in Pazardzhik
- » Top Bottled Water Brands Contaminated with Plastic Particles