Freight Train Goes Off Rails in Bulgaria
A freight train carrying empty liquid containers has derailed overnight near Bulgarian capital Sofia.
No one has been injured during the accident, reported a safety inspector with the Bulgarian state Railroad Infrastructure Company, as quoted by the Focus Information Agency.
Seven cars and the diesel locomotive of the train, which was not loaded, have capsized off track around 10.46 pm Friday night, while the train was traveling between Yana and Musachevo stations near Sofia.
According to initial investigations, the cause for the incident is damage on the railway track caused by an apparent theft of stabilizing elements.
- » Lift Set on Fire Hours Before Start of Bansko Ski World Cup
- » Subway Section to Sofia Airport to be Launched in early April
- » 600 000 People in Bulgaria are Working Poor – Trade Union
- » Red Hot Chilli Pipers to Bring Scottish Rhythm to Bulgaria in Unconventional Performance
- » Loose Hose on Gas Cyllinder Sends People in Hospital
- » Judas Priest To Hit Sofia in June