Freight Train Goes Off Rails in Bulgaria
A freight train carrying empty liquid containers has derailed overnight near Bulgarian capital Sofia.
No one has been injured during the accident, reported a safety inspector with the Bulgarian state Railroad Infrastructure Company, as quoted by the Focus Information Agency.
Seven cars and the diesel locomotive of the train, which was not loaded, have capsized off track around 10.46 pm Friday night, while the train was traveling between Yana and Musachevo stations near Sofia.
According to initial investigations, the cause for the incident is damage on the railway track caused by an apparent theft of stabilizing elements.
- » Death Toll of Bulgaria's Hitrino Blast Rises to 7
- » Blast in Bulgaria's Hitrino: What Actually Happened
- » Twenty-Nine Injured in Bulgaria's Hitrino Blast - Minister
- » Uncertainty over Causes of Bulgaria's Hitrino Blast
- » Four Die, Many Injured in Blast after Rail Accident in Bulgaria's Hitrino
- » Judges Protest against Top Body, Working Conditions in Sofia