Freight Train Goes Off Rails in Bulgaria
A freight train carrying empty liquid containers has derailed overnight near Bulgarian capital Sofia.
No one has been injured during the accident, reported a safety inspector with the Bulgarian state Railroad Infrastructure Company, as quoted by the Focus Information Agency.
Seven cars and the diesel locomotive of the train, which was not loaded, have capsized off track around 10.46 pm Friday night, while the train was traveling between Yana and Musachevo stations near Sofia.
According to initial investigations, the cause for the incident is damage on the railway track caused by an apparent theft of stabilizing elements.
- » Heavy Traffic Expected Across Bulgaria as Long Weekend Comes to End
- » Bulgaria Celebrates Day of Education, Culture, Slavonic Alphabet
- » Egypt Sends Submarine to Find Missing Flight MS804’s Black Boxes
- » No Injuries, Damage Reported after Earthquake near Bulgaria’s Sandanski
- » Earthquake near Sandanski Jolts Southwestern Bulgaria
- » German Report Warns Migrant Inflow 'Being Channelled Through Bulgaria'