5 Injured in Dagestan Car Bomb, Grenade Attack
At least five people were injured Friday, as explosions from a grenade-launcher attack and then a car bomb rocked a restaurant in the capital of Russia's republic of Dagestan.
Local authorities said a grenade launcher was initially fired into the building’s second floor. When police officers arrived at the scene, a car bomb went off, RIA Novosti informs.
A source in law enforcement said infighting between criminal gangs is being considered as a possible motive for the attack.
Concerns about security in Russia have been heightened ahead of the Winter Olympics in Sochi next month.
At the end of December, twin bombings on public transit killed more than 30 people in the southern city of Volgograd.
- » New European Commission To Be Voted Wednesday In Strasbourg
- » UK to Send Spy Drones Over Syria in Broadening of Anti-IS Campaign
- » Turkey Adopts Tough Measures Against Violation of Public Order
- » Russian State Telecom To Launch Counterpart of Skype
- » Russia 'Offered Poland Part of Ukraine' - Former FM
- » Russia to Ban Import of Animal Fat, Meat Byproducts from EU