5 Injured in Dagestan Car Bomb, Grenade Attack
At least five people were injured Friday, as explosions from a grenade-launcher attack and then a car bomb rocked a restaurant in the capital of Russia's republic of Dagestan.
Local authorities said a grenade launcher was initially fired into the building’s second floor. When police officers arrived at the scene, a car bomb went off, RIA Novosti informs.
A source in law enforcement said infighting between criminal gangs is being considered as a possible motive for the attack.
Concerns about security in Russia have been heightened ahead of the Winter Olympics in Sochi next month.
At the end of December, twin bombings on public transit killed more than 30 people in the southern city of Volgograd.
- » How can you Visit the Newly Found Continent Zealand?
- » Catalonia Scares Madrid with Civil Disobedience
- » CIA Director: "Do not Ask Questions if Kim Suddenly Dies"
- » Russia is Considering Freezing its Membership of the European Court of Human Rights
- » The EP is Discussing a Report on Minimum Income in the EU
- » Islamic State Кilled at Least 128 People in Syrian Town