Left-Winger Sobotka Named New Czech PM
Czech President Milos Zeman appointed Friday Social Democrat leader Bohuslav Sobotka as the country‘s new Prime Minister.
"Dear Mr Sobotka, I congratulate you on becoming the Prime Minister of the Czech Republic," Zeman said at a ceremony in Prague, as cited by international media.
The move is set to end months of political crisis triggered by the previous centre-right government's collapse over a spying and bribery scandal in June.
Sobotka's government is expected to be sworn in by the end of January.
- » Turkey to Open New Chapter in EU Talks
- » Sofia-Istanbul Flights Restored after Airport Terror Attack
- » Russia Extends Food Imports Embargo to End-2017
- » Tusk Rules Out Single Market 'à la carte' for UK
- » Putin, Erdogan Agree to Work Towards Normalisation of Relations
- » One Ukrainian, One Iranian Reported as Victims of Istanbul Airport Terror Attack