Left-Winger Sobotka Named New Czech PM
Czech President Milos Zeman appointed Friday Social Democrat leader Bohuslav Sobotka as the country‘s new Prime Minister.
"Dear Mr Sobotka, I congratulate you on becoming the Prime Minister of the Czech Republic," Zeman said at a ceremony in Prague, as cited by international media.
The move is set to end months of political crisis triggered by the previous centre-right government's collapse over a spying and bribery scandal in June.
Sobotka's government is expected to be sworn in by the end of January.
- » Romanian PM ousted in no-confidence vote
- » Justice minister Francois Bayrou is quitting French government
- » French Police Found Champs Elysees Attacker's Weapons
- » Premier Filip on a Working Visit to Brussels
- » Merkel Ready to Consider Macron Eurozone Reform Ideas
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to London: 'Attack at Finsbury Park Mosque is Defined as Potential Terrorist Attack'