Left-Winger Sobotka Named New Czech PM
Czech President Milos Zeman appointed Friday Social Democrat leader Bohuslav Sobotka as the country‘s new Prime Minister.
"Dear Mr Sobotka, I congratulate you on becoming the Prime Minister of the Czech Republic," Zeman said at a ceremony in Prague, as cited by international media.
The move is set to end months of political crisis triggered by the previous centre-right government's collapse over a spying and bribery scandal in June.
Sobotka's government is expected to be sworn in by the end of January.
- » ECB Keeps Cash Aid to Greek Banks Flat Despite Liquidity Shortage
- » PM Tsipras Appoints Euclid Tsakalotos as Greece’s New Finance Minister
- » Greek Banks to Reopen on Thursday - FAZ
- » Tsakalotos Set to Take over as Greece’s Finance Minister
- » Putin Discusses Greek Referendum Outcome with Tsipras
- » German EconMin Warns Greeks 'Need Help'