Bulgarian Nationalist NGOs to Form Anti-EU Coalition
A total of seven Bulgarian nationalist NGO are seeking to form an anti-EU coalition movement that would take part in elections.
Kiril Gumnerov, a former member of the extremist Ataka (Attack) party, revealed on Friday that the coalition would be named “No to the EU.”
“Our idea is to participate in the potential early parliamentary elections, which we expect will take place by the end of this year,” Gumerov told reporters, as cited by Mediapool.
Accusing Ataka of collaborating with the predominantly ethnic Turkish Movement for Rights and Freedoms party, Gumnerov described the new movement as “the true patriots of Bulgaria.”
The former lawmaker also stated that anti-EU parties from across Europe would gather for a meeting in Bulgaria in the summer of 2014.
- » Bulgarian Socialist Leader Heads to Moscow for Ruling Party Congress
- » Bulgaria Nationalist Leader Calls for EU In/Out Referendum after Brexit
- » Bulgaria's Rivaling Socialist Parties to Attend United Russia Congress
- » Increase of Teachers' Salaries Can be Discussed in Autumn – Bulgarian PM
- » Bulgaria Moves to Punish Preaching of Radical Islam by Imprisonment
- » Bulgaria's Socialist Opposition Demands Resignation of Interior Minister