Bulgarian Nationalist NGOs to Form Anti-EU Coalition
A total of seven Bulgarian nationalist NGO are seeking to form an anti-EU coalition movement that would take part in elections.
Kiril Gumnerov, a former member of the extremist Ataka (Attack) party, revealed on Friday that the coalition would be named “No to the EU.”
“Our idea is to participate in the potential early parliamentary elections, which we expect will take place by the end of this year,” Gumerov told reporters, as cited by Mediapool.
Accusing Ataka of collaborating with the predominantly ethnic Turkish Movement for Rights and Freedoms party, Gumnerov described the new movement as “the true patriots of Bulgaria.”
The former lawmaker also stated that anti-EU parties from across Europe would gather for a meeting in Bulgaria in the summer of 2014.
- » Plovdiv Mayor Signs Contract for BGN 30 M Loan from EBRD
- » GERB Meets BSP Friday in Second Round of Coalition Talks
- » ABV Will Stay Out of Gov't, But Will Back Some GERB Policies
- » PF Urges Power Price Freeze, Anti-Crime Steps Ahead of Talks with GERB
- » Dimitar Vladimirov Appointed Deputy Head of State Agency for Bulgarians Abroad
- » Subsidies for Political Parties in Bulgaria Up 10 Times in 10 Years