Wenger: I Admire Berbatov, But There's No Arsenal Bid
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has denied rumors that his club is interested in signing Fulham striker Dimitar Berbatov, despite admitting he admires the Bulgarian's talent.
"Do I rate Berbatov as a player? Highly. Have we made any approach to sign Berbatov? No," Wenger has told a press conference.
Arsenal were first linked with Berbatov at the start of the month as injuries to Olivier Giroud and Nicklas Bendtner left Wenger extremely light of options up front.
Meanwhile, reports emerged that Tottenham are eyeing up this month a move for Berbatov.
However, Fulham have insisted that the 32-year-old striker is not set to leave the club.
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Signs Brazilian Left Back as Eighth New Player
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Proceeds to Second Round of ITF Tournament in Poland
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Signs Promising Sao Paulo Winger
- » Bulgaria's Stoevi Sisters Win Russian Open Grand Prix
- » Multifunctional Sports Hall to Open next to Sofia Central Railway Station
- » Draw Determines Tough Opponents for Bulgaria in 2018 World Cup Qualifiers