Wenger: I Admire Berbatov, But There's No Arsenal Bid
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has denied rumors that his club is interested in signing Fulham striker Dimitar Berbatov, despite admitting he admires the Bulgarian's talent.
"Do I rate Berbatov as a player? Highly. Have we made any approach to sign Berbatov? No," Wenger has told a press conference.
Arsenal were first linked with Berbatov at the start of the month as injuries to Olivier Giroud and Nicklas Bendtner left Wenger extremely light of options up front.
Meanwhile, reports emerged that Tottenham are eyeing up this month a move for Berbatov.
However, Fulham have insisted that the 32-year-old striker is not set to leave the club.
- » Bulgarian Boxer Makes It to Strandzha Tournament Final
- » Bulgaria's New Rhythmic Gymnastics Ensemble Scoops 1st Title
- » March Honouring Pro-Nazi General Held Despite Sofia Mayor Ban
- » Goffin Defeats Dimitrov in Rotterdam, Ending His Series of Victories
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Denis Istomin at Rotterdam ATP 500 Second Round
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Defeats Mischa Zverev in Rotterdam