Laid-off Workers of Bulgarian Burgas Shipyard Protest Again
Laid-off workers from the shipyard in the Bulgarian city of Burgas staged another protest on Friday, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR).
The protesters claimed that the meeting with the shipyard's management on Thursday was simply an eye-wash.
Burgas municipality stated that there were no legal obstacles for the shipyard operation, after the facility director Deyan Marinov claimed that there were changes in the site planning, including the construction of a shopping center and houses.
Over 60 workers made redundant by the Burgas shipyard staged a protest on 5 January.
The laid-off workers have registered with the local labor office and each of them has initiated a lawsuit over the unpaid salaries and compensations.
- » Bulgaria's Ex-PM Has Highest Approval Rating - Poll
- » Bulgarian Cartoonists Launch New Satirical Newspaper amid Election Campaign
- » Five Parties to Enter Parliament in Bulgaria's Early Election - Poll
- » Bulgaria's Election Officials Play Down Machine Voting Failure
- » Electronic Voting Scrapped in Bulgaria's Snap Election
- » Bulgaria's Vice President 'Cannot Give Up Party Overnight'