Laid-off Workers of Bulgarian Burgas Shipyard Protest Again
Laid-off workers from the shipyard in the Bulgarian city of Burgas staged another protest on Friday, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR).
The protesters claimed that the meeting with the shipyard's management on Thursday was simply an eye-wash.
Burgas municipality stated that there were no legal obstacles for the shipyard operation, after the facility director Deyan Marinov claimed that there were changes in the site planning, including the construction of a shopping center and houses.
Over 60 workers made redundant by the Burgas shipyard staged a protest on 5 January.
The laid-off workers have registered with the local labor office and each of them has initiated a lawsuit over the unpaid salaries and compensations.
- » Bulgarian President: We Are Concerned about Russia over Nemtsov's Death
- » Bulgaria PM Undergoes Knee Surgery
- » Bulgaria’s Govt Replaces Chair of Archives State Agency
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Approves Resignation of DANS Deputy Chairperson
- » Opposition BSP Calls on Bulgarian President to Impose Veto on New Debt
- » Bulgarian IntMin to Propose New Chief Secretary Despite PM Warning