Bulgaria's Manolev Leaves PSV on Free Transfer
Bulgarian international Stanislav Manolev is now available on has terminated his contract with Dutch side PSV Eindhoven.
The right midfielder’s contract with PSV, where he’s been since 2009, was to expire next summer, but the Bulgarian has agreed with the club’s officials to leave earlier.
Last season, the 27-year old played for 6 months on loan in Fulham, together with fellow countryman Dimitar Berbatov, but was unable to leave a significant mark in the Premier League.
Manolev’s performances for the national team during the World Cup qualifications were quite satisfactory, however. He managed to score a memorable goal against Italy, in the 2:2 draw in Sofia.
This prompted several Italian clubs to express their interest in him.
- » Real Madrid, Ludogorets 2:1 after Contentious Penalty
- » Real Madrid Arrives In Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Beats Verdasco in First China Open Match
- » Bulgaria’s Women’s Volleyball Team Defeats Canada at World Championship
- » Grigor Dimitrov Eyes ATP Finals in London This Season
- » Bulgaria Wins Gold at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championship