Bulgaria's Maritsa Iztok Mines Boasts Record Coal Output
Bulgaria's state-owned Maritsa Iztok Mines (Mini Maritsa Iztok EAD) reported record coal output in the period October-December 2013.
On Friday, an agreement was signed between the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and the Maritsa Iztok Mines was signed, under which new excavators will be bought at the company.
Dragomir Stoynev, Minister of Economy and Energy, reminded Friday that the latest upgrade at the coal mining company dated back to 1992.
Stoynev, as cited by the 24 Hours Daily, boasted that the changes adopted since his first day in office had resulted in a record-high output for the period October-December 2013, which resulted in an overachievement of the 2013 target and a financial result of "BGN 3 M on the plus side, something which nobody believed in."
- » Bulgaria PM, Azerbaijan President 'to Unblock Nabucco Project'
- » Bulgaria Regrets Russia’s Decision to Quit South Stream - Ambassador
- » Gazprom Approves Capital Increase of South Stream Transport B.V.
- » EVN Proposes Rise in Electricity Prices of 6.98%
- » Planned Unit 7 of Bulgaria's Kozloduy NPP to Generate USD 11 B
- » Russia, Ukraine to Take Part in Gas Meeting with EU Next Week