Bulgaria Once Again in Fog
A code yellow for potentially dangerous weather has been declared in 12 regions of Bulgaria, as a result of the thick fog.
The fog is obscuring the vision of drivers in Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse, Burgas, Yambol, Sliven, Stara Zagora, Haskovo, and Plovdiv, says the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
The fog is affecting mostly the plains, but is likely to diffuse by the afternoon hours of Friday.
Last week, much of Bulgaria was engulfed in heavy fog, including the capital Sofia. Doctors warned of increasing levels of pollution in the air, while a number of traffic accidents resulted from the limited visibility.
- » Extreme Risk of Fire in 5 Bulgarian Regions on Sunday
- » Extreme Risk of Fire Declared in 10 Bulgarian Regions
- » Thunderstorms, Hail Expected in Western Bulgaria on Monday
- » Bulgaria at risk of losing more money in EU-funded eco projects
- » Temperatures Sharply Go Down across Bulgaria on Friday
- » Wildfire Danger Extends to 16 Bulgarian Regions on Thursday