Bulgaria Once Again in Fog
A code yellow for potentially dangerous weather has been declared in 12 regions of Bulgaria, as a result of the thick fog.
The fog is obscuring the vision of drivers in Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse, Burgas, Yambol, Sliven, Stara Zagora, Haskovo, and Plovdiv, says the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
The fog is affecting mostly the plains, but is likely to diffuse by the afternoon hours of Friday.
Last week, much of Bulgaria was engulfed in heavy fog, including the capital Sofia. Doctors warned of increasing levels of pollution in the air, while a number of traffic accidents resulted from the limited visibility.
- » Sofia's Waste Treatment Plant – Second Largest in Europe
- » Bulgaria Registers Increased Air Pollution Levels
- » Construction Works on Bulgaria's Beach of Coral Will Be Stopped, Official Says
- » Construction Works at Bulgarian Black Sea Coast Campsite Temporarily Stopped
- » Bulgaria to Allocate EU Funding of BGN 115 M to Fighting Air Pollution in Cities
- » Construction Works along Bulgaria's Black Sea Coastline Cause Turmoil