Bulgaria Once Again in Fog
A code yellow for potentially dangerous weather has been declared in 12 regions of Bulgaria, as a result of the thick fog.
The fog is obscuring the vision of drivers in Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse, Burgas, Yambol, Sliven, Stara Zagora, Haskovo, and Plovdiv, says the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
The fog is affecting mostly the plains, but is likely to diffuse by the afternoon hours of Friday.
Last week, much of Bulgaria was engulfed in heavy fog, including the capital Sofia. Doctors warned of increasing levels of pollution in the air, while a number of traffic accidents resulted from the limited visibility.
- » First Snow Falls in Bulgaria's Northwest
- » Minor Jolts Registered in SW Bulgaria
- » Minor 2.8-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Village of Belozem Declares State of Emergency
- » Bulgarian Authorities Issue Red Code Over Heavy Rain, Strong Winds in Burgas
- » 15 Districts in Bulgaria under ‘Code Yellow’ Weather Alert over Heavy Rain