Bulgaria Once Again in Fog
A code yellow for potentially dangerous weather has been declared in 12 regions of Bulgaria, as a result of the thick fog.
The fog is obscuring the vision of drivers in Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse, Burgas, Yambol, Sliven, Stara Zagora, Haskovo, and Plovdiv, says the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
The fog is affecting mostly the plains, but is likely to diffuse by the afternoon hours of Friday.
Last week, much of Bulgaria was engulfed in heavy fog, including the capital Sofia. Doctors warned of increasing levels of pollution in the air, while a number of traffic accidents resulted from the limited visibility.
- » Bulgaria, World Prepare to Switch Off for Earth Hour
- » Intensive Rain Expected Across Bulgaria
- » Bird Flu Caused Death of Pelicans in Bulgaria's Srebarna Reserve
- » Chile Floods Leave 200 Bulgarians Stranded
- » 21 Pelicans Found Dead at Bulgaria's Srebarna Nature Reserve
- » Small 2.9-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern Bulgaria