Bulgaria Once Again in Fog
A code yellow for potentially dangerous weather has been declared in 12 regions of Bulgaria, as a result of the thick fog.
The fog is obscuring the vision of drivers in Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse, Burgas, Yambol, Sliven, Stara Zagora, Haskovo, and Plovdiv, says the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
The fog is affecting mostly the plains, but is likely to diffuse by the afternoon hours of Friday.
Last week, much of Bulgaria was engulfed in heavy fog, including the capital Sofia. Doctors warned of increasing levels of pollution in the air, while a number of traffic accidents resulted from the limited visibility.
- » Bulgarian Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods
- » 6 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert over Heavy Rains
- » Sofia Mayor Orders Constant Monitoring of Waterbodies Over Heavy Rainfalls
- » 4 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Alert due to Heavy Rains
- » Berkovitsa Dam Overflowing since Monday, No Risk for People – Mayor
- » Environment Ministry Warns Of New Torrential Rains