New Self-Immolation Attempted in Bulgaria
A 38-year-old Bulgarian man has set himself ablaze Friday morning in a northeastern town close to the Danube River.
According to local media reports, he is listed in the emergency hospital in the city of Varna and is in critical condition.
The man set himself on fire in front of his wife at their house in the town of Glavinitsa, close to the town of Silistra.
The incident occurred after a domestic dispute, according to media reports.
He has suffered 70% burns.
This is the latest of a string of self-immolations that have shaken Bulgaria since the start of 2013, when large-scale protests against social and economic stagnation erupted.
At least eight people died after setting themselves on fire in EU's poorest country between February and May 2013, with two more attempts in the summer.
- » Bulgarian Court Releases Migrant Hunter on Bail
- » New Sofia Metro Station Opens, Adding 15 000 Passengers
- » Azam Ali to Perform in Sofia in October
- » Bulgaria Filed 5 User Data Requests with Google in 2015
- » Strong Winds Expected in Bulgaria on Monday
- » State of Emergency Remains after Flood in Bulgaria's Rozino