2nd 'Maxima' Roof Collapse Reported in Latvia
A second roof of a supermarket owned by the Maxima retail chain has collapsed in Latvia.
The incident happened in the city of Valmiera in northeastern Latvia Wednesday evening, but the company notified the authorities only around noon Thursday, according to a publication in the Bulgarian 24 Chassa (24 Hours) daily.
However, according to Baltic Course, the State Fire and Rescue Service's Vidzeme Region Chief Janis Skrastins, has said that the Fire and Rescue Service only learned about the accident from the mass media Thursday.
The collapsed area is about 40 square meters. No one was harmed.
A Maxima supermarket roof collapsed, in Riga, Latvia, on November 23, 2013, killing over 50, and leading to the government's resignation in the tragedy's aftermath.
- » Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg Finally Addresses Cambridge Analytica Scandal
- » Facebook Loses Nearly $50 Billion In Value
- » French Rail Strike Turning into Major Challenge For Macron
- » Paris Mulls Free Public Transport to Reduce Pollution
- » Kosovo Оpposition Use Tear Gas to Delay Parliament Vote on Montenegro Border Deal
- » Poland Seeking Compensation for World War Two Destruction