2nd 'Maxima' Roof Collapse Reported in Latvia
A second roof of a supermarket owned by the Maxima retail chain has collapsed in Latvia.
The incident happened in the city of Valmiera in northeastern Latvia Wednesday evening, but the company notified the authorities only around noon Thursday, according to a publication in the Bulgarian 24 Chassa (24 Hours) daily.
However, according to Baltic Course, the State Fire and Rescue Service's Vidzeme Region Chief Janis Skrastins, has said that the Fire and Rescue Service only learned about the accident from the mass media Thursday.
The collapsed area is about 40 square meters. No one was harmed.
A Maxima supermarket roof collapsed, in Riga, Latvia, on November 23, 2013, killing over 50, and leading to the government's resignation in the tragedy's aftermath.
- » Die Welt: Six EU States Urge Extension of Schengen Internal Border Controls
- » Roaming Charges in EU Fall as of Saturday
- » Helicopter with Thirteen People on Board Crashes off Norway
- » Austria Adopts New Tougher Asylum Law
- » Suicide Bombing in Turkey’s Bursa Injures at least 13 People
- » Spain to Hold Early Election in June amid Political Deadlock