2nd 'Maxima' Roof Collapse Reported in Latvia
A second roof of a supermarket owned by the Maxima retail chain has collapsed in Latvia.
The incident happened in the city of Valmiera in northeastern Latvia Wednesday evening, but the company notified the authorities only around noon Thursday, according to a publication in the Bulgarian 24 Chassa (24 Hours) daily.
However, according to Baltic Course, the State Fire and Rescue Service's Vidzeme Region Chief Janis Skrastins, has said that the Fire and Rescue Service only learned about the accident from the mass media Thursday.
The collapsed area is about 40 square meters. No one was harmed.
A Maxima supermarket roof collapsed, in Riga, Latvia, on November 23, 2013, killing over 50, and leading to the government's resignation in the tragedy's aftermath.
- » EU to Decide on New Russia Sanctions by Friday, Mogherini Says
- » UNHCR: More Ukrainians Flee Homes to Escape Fighting
- » Estonia's President Wants Permanent NATO Bases in Country
- » Russia to Update Military Doctrine in View of ‘New Military Dangers’
- » Slovakia Starts Shipping Gas to Ukraine via Vojany-Uzhgorod Pipeline
- » Russia 'Not EU's Strategic Partner Anymore' - Mogherini