2nd 'Maxima' Roof Collapse Reported in Latvia
A second roof of a supermarket owned by the Maxima retail chain has collapsed in Latvia.
The incident happened in the city of Valmiera in northeastern Latvia Wednesday evening, but the company notified the authorities only around noon Thursday, according to a publication in the Bulgarian 24 Chassa (24 Hours) daily.
However, according to Baltic Course, the State Fire and Rescue Service's Vidzeme Region Chief Janis Skrastins, has said that the Fire and Rescue Service only learned about the accident from the mass media Thursday.
The collapsed area is about 40 square meters. No one was harmed.
A Maxima supermarket roof collapsed, in Riga, Latvia, on November 23, 2013, killing over 50, and leading to the government's resignation in the tragedy's aftermath.
- » Dutch Call for Deportation of Putin's Daughter From the Netherlands
- » Missing Air Algerie Passenger Plane with 116 on Board Crashes in Niger
- » Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing
- » Taiwan Plane Crash Leaves over 40 Dead
- » Donbass Rebels 'Down Two Ukrainian Su-25 Fighters'
- » Germany Questions Appropriateness of Russia's Hosting FIFA World Cup