2nd 'Maxima' Roof Collapse Reported in Latvia
A second roof of a supermarket owned by the Maxima retail chain has collapsed in Latvia.
The incident happened in the city of Valmiera in northeastern Latvia Wednesday evening, but the company notified the authorities only around noon Thursday, according to a publication in the Bulgarian 24 Chassa (24 Hours) daily.
However, according to Baltic Course, the State Fire and Rescue Service's Vidzeme Region Chief Janis Skrastins, has said that the Fire and Rescue Service only learned about the accident from the mass media Thursday.
The collapsed area is about 40 square meters. No one was harmed.
A Maxima supermarket roof collapsed, in Riga, Latvia, on November 23, 2013, killing over 50, and leading to the government's resignation in the tragedy's aftermath.
- » The 16th Richest Countries in the World
- » The US-China Trade War Is Postponed
- » Oil Prices Sharply Increased the Reason for This Is the Threat of the United States to Impose New Sanctions on Venezuela
- » Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich has to Prove the Origin of his Money to Obtain a British Visa
- » Famous French Director and Producer Luc Besson Accused of Rape
- » An Electronic Cigarette Exploded and Killed a Man in the United States