2nd 'Maxima' Roof Collapse Reported in Latvia
A second roof of a supermarket owned by the Maxima retail chain has collapsed in Latvia.
The incident happened in the city of Valmiera in northeastern Latvia Wednesday evening, but the company notified the authorities only around noon Thursday, according to a publication in the Bulgarian 24 Chassa (24 Hours) daily.
However, according to Baltic Course, the State Fire and Rescue Service's Vidzeme Region Chief Janis Skrastins, has said that the Fire and Rescue Service only learned about the accident from the mass media Thursday.
The collapsed area is about 40 square meters. No one was harmed.
A Maxima supermarket roof collapsed, in Riga, Latvia, on November 23, 2013, killing over 50, and leading to the government's resignation in the tragedy's aftermath.
- » Qatar Denies Intercepting Emirati Civilian Aircraft
- » Macedonia Вill be a NATO Мember, Sergei Lavrov
- » Bulgarian Scientific Project Participates in a Million Dollar Competition
- » Pope Francis Heading to Chile, Peru Amid Scandal
- » There are Fights at the Airport of Libyan Capital Tripoli
- » Erdogan's Operation Against the Kurds in Syria can Begin at any Moment