Driver of Sofia 'Killer' Taxi Cab Sentenced to 9 Years in Jail
A taxi driver, who caused a horrific crash in Sofia in July, has been sentenced to nine years in jail after pleading guilty.
Mihail Kurtev, who caused the horrific crash on Tsarigradsko Shose Blvd in Sofia in July was released on bail of BGN 1000 at the beginning of November because he had already spent the maximum allowed time in detention.
The serious traffic accident occurred at the bus stop in front of the "The Mall" shopping center on Tsarigradsko Shose Blvd on 10 July.
The taxi drived by Kurtev suffered a flat tire, spun out of control, and rammed into a bus stop full of people.
A six-year-old girl and a woman aged 25 died in hospital after the crash.
In addition to the two fatalities, nine more were injured.
The driver had been speeding, according to traffic police.
- » Former Police Chief of Bulgaria's Tran Arrested on Suspicions of Trafficking Refugees
- » Sunny Beach Shooting 'Done by Criminal Gang'
- » Escaped Prisoner Detained in Bulgaria's Silistra After Shootout with Police
- » IS Group Suspected of Carrying out Terror Attack at Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport
- » Turkish President Condemns Ataturk Airport Terror Attack
- » Death Toll Rises to 36 in Istanbul's Ataturk Airport Suicide Bombing