Driver of Sofia 'Killer' Taxi Cab Sentenced to 9 Years in Jail
A taxi driver, who caused a horrific crash in Sofia in July, has been sentenced to nine years in jail after pleading guilty.
Mihail Kurtev, who caused the horrific crash on Tsarigradsko Shose Blvd in Sofia in July was released on bail of BGN 1000 at the beginning of November because he had already spent the maximum allowed time in detention.
The serious traffic accident occurred at the bus stop in front of the "The Mall" shopping center on Tsarigradsko Shose Blvd on 10 July.
The taxi drived by Kurtev suffered a flat tire, spun out of control, and rammed into a bus stop full of people.
A six-year-old girl and a woman aged 25 died in hospital after the crash.
In addition to the two fatalities, nine more were injured.
The driver had been speeding, according to traffic police.
- » 21 States Were Subjected to Russian Hacker Attacks During the US Elections
- » 50 Mobsters Arrested in Southern Italy
- » Eight People were Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Mladost Quarter of Sofia
- » Crime Group Involved in Drug Distribution Was Detained on Trakia Motorway
- » Police Found 40 Illegal Migrants in Sofia
- » Customs and Border Police Officers Prevented an Attempt for Smuggling of 1,551 boxes Cigarettes