Bulgaria’s Petrov Denies Stoke Rumors, Doesn’t Rule Out Transfer
The former Bulgarian national team winger Martin Petrov does not rule out the possibility of returning to play in English club football, however denied having received any offers.
In recent days, English media linked Petrov with a transfer to Premier League side Stoke City.
"I only read about this last night. Nobody has contacted me from Stoke. Thus I cannot say yes or no. I keep my doors open, as you know how dynamic things are in football, especially during the transfer windows", stated Petrov, a day after his 35th birthday, cited by Sportal.bg.
The Bulgarian left his mark in European football, when he played for Atletico Madrid, Wolfsburg, Manchester City, Bolton, and Espanyol. In October, the speedy winger returned to Bulgaria to reunite with his former team CSKA Sofia.
Petrov added that his current focus is on CSKA and helping the team recover from the difficult position it is in.
- » "Ludogorets" Will Host the Matches of Europa League in Razgrad
- » Grigor Dimitrov Wins His 1st Masters 1000 Tite in the Finals in Cincinnati
- » Grigor Dimitrov Has Achieved a Historic Success
- » Bulgarian Best Tennis Player Grigor Dimitrov Reaches the Semi-Finals in Cincinnati Tournament
- » Bulgaria Will Host 2 Tournaments of the New World Volleyball Championship in 2018
- » Grigor Dimitrov Wins Against Juan Matin del Porto in Cincinnati