Ex-Sofia District Attorney Elected Sofia City Prosecutor
Bulgaria's Supreme Judicial Council elected Hristo Dinev as the new Sofia City Prosecutor.
Dinev, a former Sofia District Attorney was chosen over his contender Boyko Atanasov by 16 to 4 votes, while 3 magistrates abstained, reports Dnevnik.
The Sofia City Prosecution conducts some of the most important investigations in the country, including high-level corruption, crimes committed by people with immunity, financial and tax frauds, and European fund frauds.
The Sofia City Prosecutor's position has been vacant since last April, when Nikolay Kokinov resigned from the post following the publication of leaked wiretaps of a conversation between him, the former Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, and the former Agriculture Minister Miroslav Naydenov.
Later, Kokinov was dismissed from the judiciary by the Supreme Council.
- » President Rumen Radev Urges Parties Towards Responsible and Constructive Attitude at National Assembly
- » Four Cases of Measles Registered During the Weekend in Plovdiv
- » DPS Does Not Aim at Cabinet Positions at All Costs
- » Two People Dead, 17 Injured in Road Accidents During Past Day in Bulgaria
- » Court Proceedings Against Veselin Mareshki Stopped Due to MP Immunity
- » Volya Party to Show Support For New Government