Ex-Sofia District Attorney Elected Sofia City Prosecutor
Bulgaria's Supreme Judicial Council elected Hristo Dinev as the new Sofia City Prosecutor.
Dinev, a former Sofia District Attorney was chosen over his contender Boyko Atanasov by 16 to 4 votes, while 3 magistrates abstained, reports Dnevnik.
The Sofia City Prosecution conducts some of the most important investigations in the country, including high-level corruption, crimes committed by people with immunity, financial and tax frauds, and European fund frauds.
The Sofia City Prosecutor's position has been vacant since last April, when Nikolay Kokinov resigned from the post following the publication of leaked wiretaps of a conversation between him, the former Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, and the former Agriculture Minister Miroslav Naydenov.
Later, Kokinov was dismissed from the judiciary by the Supreme Council.
- » Threat to DPS Leader's Life 'Received' During Previous Parliament
- » 3 out of 4 Senior Executives of Bulgaria's Agriculture Fund Replaced Overnight
- » Temenuzhka Yankova Appointed Deputy Chief of Bulgaria's Revenue Agency
- » Bulgaria Has Failed to Solve Many Problems Identified Prior to EU Accession – British MEP
- » Court Rules Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha Should Return Saragyol to State
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Transport Minister Approves 3 New Appointments