Ex-Sofia District Attorney Elected Sofia City Prosecutor
Bulgaria's Supreme Judicial Council elected Hristo Dinev as the new Sofia City Prosecutor.
Dinev, a former Sofia District Attorney was chosen over his contender Boyko Atanasov by 16 to 4 votes, while 3 magistrates abstained, reports Dnevnik.
The Sofia City Prosecution conducts some of the most important investigations in the country, including high-level corruption, crimes committed by people with immunity, financial and tax frauds, and European fund frauds.
The Sofia City Prosecutor's position has been vacant since last April, when Nikolay Kokinov resigned from the post following the publication of leaked wiretaps of a conversation between him, the former Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, and the former Agriculture Minister Miroslav Naydenov.
Later, Kokinov was dismissed from the judiciary by the Supreme Council.
- » Sofia Centre To Be Blocked for Trifonov Concert
- » Bulgarian Parliament OKs VAT Exemption for Donated Foods near Expiry Date
- » Bulgaria's Average Monthly Wage Lowest in EU, Balkan Countries
- » Every Third Bulgarian Lives in Dire Straits
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Allocates BGN 81 M for Pensions, Health, Agriculture in One Hour
- » Bulgarians Living Below Poverty Treshold To Have Acces to Free Legal Aid