Ex-Sofia District Attorney Elected Sofia City Prosecutor
Bulgaria's Supreme Judicial Council elected Hristo Dinev as the new Sofia City Prosecutor.
Dinev, a former Sofia District Attorney was chosen over his contender Boyko Atanasov by 16 to 4 votes, while 3 magistrates abstained, reports Dnevnik.
The Sofia City Prosecution conducts some of the most important investigations in the country, including high-level corruption, crimes committed by people with immunity, financial and tax frauds, and European fund frauds.
The Sofia City Prosecutor's position has been vacant since last April, when Nikolay Kokinov resigned from the post following the publication of leaked wiretaps of a conversation between him, the former Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, and the former Agriculture Minister Miroslav Naydenov.
Later, Kokinov was dismissed from the judiciary by the Supreme Council.
- » Miroslav Borshoch Decided Not To Appear Before the Parliamentary Committee Today
- » The Largest Outbreak of Measles in the Country at Stolipinovo Subsides
- » There are no Active Officers among the Detained for Human Trafficking near Plovdiv
- » 22% of Students Drop out of School between 5th and 7th Grade
- » 4km Queue Of Carco Vehicles at Kapitan Andreevo Border Checkpoint
- » The EC Lawsuit Against Bulgaria Ends with a Ban on New Constructions in Kaliakra